Patriarch of Romania Received the Visit of a Delegation of the Orthodox Church of Finland

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013
      http://www.basilica.ro/stiri/patriarhul-romaniei-a-primit-vizita-unei-delegatii-a-bisericii-ortodoxe-a-finlandei_6699.html

      The Patriarch of Romania Received the Visit of a Delegation of the
      Orthodox Church of Finland

      Today, 9 May 2013, His Beatitude Daniel, Patriarch of Romania received
      the visit of a delegation of the Orthodox Church of Finland. The
      delegation was headed by His Eminence Ambrozie, Metropolitan of Helsinki.

      During the meeting matters of common concern were discussed focused on
      the good collaboration in the confession of the Orthodox faith.

      “During this trip of study we would like to see the activity of the
      Romanian Orthodox Church at home. The Romanian Orthodox Church is one of
      the greatest Orthodox Churches of the world with a rich activity where
      from we can learn too. The theological education of Romania is one of
      the best, while the inter-aid activity of the faithful is important
      here. It was very pleasant to see how the activity of the Church goes
      off in Romania, in general, for preaching the Gospel and the
      Resurrection of Christ these days. Because we belong to a rather small
      Orthodox Church in minority in Finland, we think we will be stronger
      when we go back to our country”, His Eminence Ambrozie declared for
      Trinitas Radio station.

      To end with, His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel thanked for the help that
      the Orthodox Church of Finland gives to the Romanians of Finland.

      “We are glad because His Eminence Metropolitan Ambrozie came to Romania.
      He is known in the entire Orthodoxy as an active metropolitan, as a good
      organiser and theologian. We are glad because His Eminence takes good
      care of the Orthodox Romanians of Finland and especially of those of
      Helsinki. This is why he accepted a Romanian priest in His Eminence’s
      jurisdiction. We admire the Orthodox Church of Finland because, although
      small from the point of view of the clergy, it is very dynamic, well
      organised, and widely opened to mission and culture to witness the local
      dynamic Orthodoxy. We kindly ask you to convey His Beatitude Leon,
      Archbishop of Finland, our brotherly greetings, and tell him we remember
      with much joy the fact that he visited the Metropolitanate of Iasi as
      Metropolitan of Helsinki. Now we wait for him to visit the Romanian
      Patriarchate here, in Bucharest”, His Beatitude said.

      09.05.2013 | 13:26