The mass exodus of Christians from the Muslim world

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 9:59 AM
      http://www.pravmir.com/the-mass-exodus-of-christians-from-the-muslim-world/

      The mass exodus of Christians from the Muslim world

      Raymond Ibrahim May 8th, 2013

      A mass exodus of Christians is currently underway. Millions of
      Christians are being displaced from one end of the Islamic world to the
      other.

      We are reliving the true history of how the Islamic world, much of which
      prior to the Islamic conquests was almost entirely Christian, came into
      being.

      The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom recently said:
      “The flight of Christians out of the region is unprecedented and it’s
      increasing year by year.” In our lifetime alone “Christians might
      disappear altogether from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Egypt.”

      Ongoing reports from the Islamic world certainly support this
      conclusion: Iraq was the earliest indicator of the fate awaiting
      Christians once Islamic forces are liberated from the grip of dictators.

      In 2003, Iraq’s Christian population was at least one million. Today
      fewer than 400,000 remain the result of an anti-Christian campaign that
      began with the U.S. occupation of Iraq, when countless Christian
      churches were bombed and countless Christians killed, including by
      crucifixion and beheading.

      The 2010 Baghdad church attack, which saw nearly 60 Christian
      worshippers slaughtered, is the tip of a decade-long iceberg.

      Now, as the U.S. supports the jihad on Syria’s secular president Assad,
      the same pattern has come to Syria: entire regions and towns where
      Christians lived for centuries before Islam came into being have now
      been emptied, as the opposition targets Christians for kidnapping,
      plundering, and beheadings, all in compliance with mosque calls telling
      the populace that it’s a “sacred duty” to drive Christians away.

      In October 2012 the last Christian in the city of Homs—which had a
      Christian population of some 80,000 before jihadis came—was murdered.
      One teenage Syrian girl said: “We left because they were trying to kill
      us… because we were Christians…. Those who were our neighbors turned
      against us. At the end, when we ran away, we went through balconies. We
      did not even dare go out on the street in front of our house.”

      In Egypt, some 100,000 Christian Copts have fled their homeland soon
      after the “Arab Spring.” In September 2012, the Sinai’s small Christian
      community was attacked and evicted by Al Qaeda linked Muslims, Reuters
      reported. But even before that, the Coptic Orthodox Church lamented the
      “repeated incidents of displacement of Copts from their homes, whether
      by force or threat.

      Displacements began in Ameriya [62 Christian families evicted], then
      they stretched to Dahshur [120 Christian families evicted], and today
      terror and threats have reached the hearts and souls of our Coptic
      children in Sinai.”

      Iraq, Syria, and Egypt are part of the Arab world. But even in “black”
      African and “white” European nations with Muslim majorities, Christians
      are fleeing.

      In Mali, after a 2012 Islamic coup, as many as 200,000 Christians fled.
      According to reports, “the church in Mali faces being eradicated,”
      especially in the north “where rebels want to establish an independent
      Islamist state and drive Christians out… there have been house to house
      searches for Christians who might be in hiding, churches and other
      Christian property have been looted or destroyed, and people tortured
      into revealing any Christian relatives.” At least one pastor was beheaded.

      Even in European Bosnia, Christians are leaving en mass “amid mounting
      discrimination and Islamization.” Only 440,000 Catholics remain in the
      Balkan nation, half the prewar figure.

      Problems cited are typical: “while dozens of mosques were built in the
      Bosnian capital Sarajevo, no building permissions [permits] were given
      for Christian churches.” “Time is running out as there is a worrisome
      rise in radicalism,” said one authority, who further added that the
      people of Bosnia-Herzegovina were “persecuted for centuries” after
      European powers “failed to support them in their struggle against the
      Ottoman Empire.”

      And so history repeats itself.

      One can go on and on:

      In Ethiopia, after a Christian was accused of desecrating a Koran,
      thousands of Christians were forced to flee their homes when “Muslim
      extremists set fire to roughly 50 churches and dozens of Christian homes.”
      In the Ivory Coast—where Christians have literally been
      crucified—Islamic rebels “massacred hundreds and displaced tens of
      thousands” of Christians.
      In Libya, Islamic rebels forced several Christian religious orders,
      serving the sick and needy in the country since 1921, to flee.

      To anyone following the plight of Christians under Islamic persecution,
      none of this is surprising. As I document in my new book, “Crucified
      Again: Exposing Islam’s New War on Christians,” all around the Islamic
      world—in nations that do not share the same race, language, culture, or
      economics, in nations that share only Islam—Christians are being
      persecuted into extinction. Such is the true face of extremist Islamic
      resurgence.