Canada's Minister issues statement to mark Orthodox Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/statements/2013/2013-05-05.asp

      Statement — Minister Kenney issues statement to mark the celebration of Orthodox Easter

      Share this page
      * Digg
      * Facebook
      * Google
      * LinkedIn
      * reddit
      * StumbleUpon
      * twitter
      * Yahoo Buzz
      No endorsement of any products or services is expressed or implied.
      Ottawa, May 5, 2013 — The Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, issued the following statement to mark the celebration of Easter in the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox Churches:
      “Holy Week and Eastertide are a time of profound solemnity and joy to Christians in Canada and around the world. One of the oldest holidays of the Christian faith, Easter celebrates Jesus Christ’s Resurrection from the dead and the triumph of good over evil.