Archbishop Atallah Hanna Appeal for the Release of Kidnapped Bishops From Aleppo

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
      http://hcef.org/publications/hcef-news/790793450-archbishop-atallah-hanna-appeal-for-the-release-of-kidnapped-bishops-from-aleppo-

      Archbishop Atallah Hanna Appeal for the Release of Kidnapped Bishops
      From Aleppo
      Friday, 26 April 2013

      Jerusalem - Archbishop Atallah Hanna Sebastia, Archbishop of the Greek
      Orthodox Church in Jerusalem, appealed to all people to work as soon as
      possible in order to release the two bishops, Bishop Paul Yazigi
      archdiocese Aleppo Greek Orthodox Church and Bishop John Ibrahim
      archdiocese Aleppo for Syrian Orthodox.

      Archbishop Atallah Hanna said that the two bishops are known for their
      humanitarian work, and their leading role in the convergence,
      inter-religious dialogue, and work in maintaining and strengthening
      national unity, both Islamic and Christian.

      Archbishop Atallah Hanna added that the two bishops have leading
      positions in the defense of Palestine, Jerusalem, and its holy sites. We
      are in Jerusalem praying, hoping, and demanding that they will be
      released today and not tomorrow, especially since our Orthodox church is
      preparing to celebrate Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and the Easter holiday.
      These bishops deserve all respect and appreciation, and the right to be
      treated humanely.

      Therefore, we wish that they will be released in order to continue their
      social, spiritual, and human mission.

      His Excellency asked all the churches of Jerusalem to pray in in order
      to release these two bishops to return back to their historic Diocese in
      Aleppo.

      We are united in thoughts and prayers with Bishop Paul and Bishop John
      in this difficult circumstance. Our hearts are always with them and we
      hope, God willing, to hear good news about them.