OCA Chaplains deployed to Middle East

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 10:14 AM
      http://www.pravmir.com/oca-chaplains-deployed-to-middle-east/

      OCA Chaplains deployed to Middle East
      Apr 5th, 2013

      April 4, 2013

      Two priests of the Orthodox Church in America recently were deployed to
      Afghanistan to provide ministry to members of the US Armed Forces.

      Priest Paul Rivers, US Army, Chaplain (CPT), in the active duty
      component in Germany, and Priest George Hill, US Army, Chaplain (MAJ),
      in the active duty component in Fort Bragg, NC, have been deployed to
      Afghanistan with their units.

      In addition, Priest David Alexander, LT, CHC, of the Antiochian Orthodox
      Christian Archdiocese of North America, will be deployed to Afghanistan
      for the remainder of the lenten and Paschal seasons as he provides
      religious coverage to US Marines.

      “During this holy season of Great Lent and Pascha, we ask for your
      continued prayers for our Orthodox military chaplains and our Orthodox
      faithful and their families as they serve with our Armed Forces,” said
      His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon, Ecclesiastical Endorser of the OCA
      military and VA chaplains.

      Archpriest Theodore Boback, Director of the OCA Military Chaplains, and
      Archpriest Joseph Gallick, Deputy Director, request that the names and
      units/locations of Orthodox Christian faithful serving in the US Armed
      Forces or department and defense civilians in Afghanistan be sent to
      chaplains@.... Submitted names will be forwarded to the chaplains
      serving in the area of operations.