Pope Francis will visit Phanar???

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013

      [Minimally edited machine translation of first 2 paragraphs]
      http://www.sedmitza.ru/news/3558224.html

      A meeting of the Pope and Patriarch Bartholomew Francis I

       The Pope accepted the invitation to visit the Patriarch's residence in the Phanar quarter of Istanbul

      VATICAN. On March 20 there was a meeting at the Vatican of Pope Francis and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, reported the "Amen" agency.

      The pontiff accepted the invitation of the Primate of the Orthodox Church of Constantinople to visit the Patriarch's residence in Istanbul in the Phanar quarter. In addition, it was decided that Pope Francis and Patriarch Bartholomew would meet in January 2014 in Jerusalem to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the historic meeting of Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras, who emoved the mutualanathemas imposed by the Eastern and Western Churches in the Great Schism in 1054