Chelyabinsk clergy offer assistance to victims

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2013
      SUMMARY:  http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/2796879.html

      16, 2013 17:37

      Chelyabinsk clergy offer assisance to victims

      According to Fr. Mikhail Gorbunov, head of the department of social service of the Chelyabinsk diocese  priests are offering spiritual, psychological and material [financial] assistance to the victims of the meteorite in the Chelyabinsk region  -- and to their relatives.

      Some victims expressed the desire to make confession and receive communion.

      On February 15 Metropolitan Feofan of Chelyabinsk and Zlatoust  in his address urged diocesan clergy  to provide necessary assistance to victims: "In this troubled time, we, clerics, should be particularly sensitive and care for people. Churches should be kept open, so that everyone can have recourse to God in prayer. If the opportunity presents itself, I ask all of you to help the victims, to bring them a word of comfort and kindness."