Announcement: St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Society

  • The Orthodox Bookstore
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      Saint Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Society
      www.stcyrilsociety.org
      Toll-Free: 1-855-STCYRIL
      For Immediate Release:

      ST. CYRIL OF ALEXANDRIA ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN SOCIETY LAUNCHES
      ONLINE MISSION MODULES

      LOS ANGELES, CA (22 January 2013) – St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Christian
      Society (SCS) launches its online mission modules, building on the established
      traditions and teachings of the Orthodox Christian Church. SCS seeks to work
      alongside the existing ministry programs offered by local parishes to prepare
      the next generation of Orthodox Christians to face the challenges of a new era.

      SCS is providing quality education for a broad audience by leveraging modern
      technology to offer online classes, thus introducing a contemporary method to
      effectively share the Orthodox Christian faith in our ever-changing global
      village.

      The structure of the SCS program is intended to cover topics that discuss
      various elements of the Orthodox Christian faith, along with their application
      in the contemporary world. For the spring term, commencing February 11, 2013,
      SCS will be offering three courses that cover Faith and Reason, Church History,
      and Liturgical Theology.

      Our mission is to establish a community of Orthodox Christian theological
      fellowship whereby prospective and current young servants, scholars and
      missionaries can utilize various resources for spiritual growth and leadership
      development in present or future Christian ministry through affordable and
      attainable education.

      The true value of education starts with experience and praxis. Orthodox
      Christian education is about actualizing theological dogmas into a lifestyle of
      communal mission and service. We invite you to participate in our modules to
      experience the depth, diversity and modernity of our Orthodox Christian faith
      through the eyes of Church Fathers, History, Liturgical practice, and the
      contemporary desire to fulfill the Great Commission of Christ (Matthew 28:16).

      For more information visit our website at http://www.stcyrilsociety.org

      ###

      St. Cyril of Alexandria Orthodox Christian Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit
      organization aimed at raising the awareness of Orthodox Christian teachings
      through patristic living, research and education. Visit SCS at
      www.stcyrilsociety.org