Saint Philothea Project News

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      Dear Friends of Saint Philothea and the Poor:

      Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!

      With the intercession of Saint Philothea of Arges. Saint Theodore of Tiron, and Saint Basil the Great

      The Feast of the Nativity means a lot of activity for the Saint Philothea Project.
      Sacrfice for Saint Theodore of Tiron found destitute families and poor street boy to give some assistance. We are translating the report this week.

      The Feast of the Nativity and Theophany bring to a close the winter campaign of gift for the poor. After the Theophany the package for the Saint Philothea Project under go final preparation and shipment. Thank you to all those saints who to time to find a way to do something for the poor. Thanks to the long time parishes full of saints in Long Island, NY, Walla Walla, WA, Bloomington, IL, Chicago, IL Louisville, CO. Welcome and thanks to the new parishes deciding to assist Akron OH, Lynchburg VA, New Haven CT,. Along with the several individuals seizing the opportunity deposit gifts in the treasury of heaven.
      Every year I have a vehicle to bring the load packages to the shipper and along the way collect the final donation from the parish in Chicago. For the fourth year in a row, the van we rented thinking it would be of ample size was again just a little too small. After shipping almost 1000 pounds of socks, underwear and other assistance for the orphans and other poor We returned to the Chicago parish to collect blankets for use in Romania. The year we spent over $1000 on shipping. Somehow God has provided that funding although I can only count $450 from checks sent to the Saint Philothea
      New on the scene is a website with on going information about the work of the Saint Philothea Project.

      STPHILOTHEAPROJ.com

      Pilgrim Tim
      An Unprofitable Servant
      Saint Philothea Project