Anathema of February 1, 1918

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013

      [Russian] http://grani.ru/Society/Religion/m.211153.html

      Anathema toSoviet power
      02/01/2013
       95 years ago, on February 1, 1918, the day the Gregorian calendar was introduced in Russia, Patriarch Tihon anathemized the soviet power.   In his statement he wrote,  "Wake up fools; stop your bloody reprisals. Because, what you are now
      doing is not only cruel, but truly satanic, for which you are
      liable to the fire of Gehenna in your future life -- after your death, and to the terrible curse (anathema) from the posterity in your
      present earthly life.  By the power given to Us by God, we forbid you
      to approach the Holy Mysteries of Christ, we place an anathema  on
      you, if only you still wear a Christian name or belong to the Orthodox
      Church of your birth.  We entreat you all, loyal member of the
      Orthodox Church of Christ, not to enter into any kind of relation with such monsters of  human nature -  drive out the wicket from among you' (1 Corinthians  5:13)".

      The next day, by decree of the Soviet People's Committee, the Church was separated from the state and the school from the Church.
      Undo edits
      Alpha