Georgian patriarch praises ‘historic’ vis it to Russia

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2013
      http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n297921

      Georgian patriarch praises ‘historic’ visit to Russia

      27 January 2013 | 07:10 | FOCUS News Agency

      Tbilisi. The Catholicos-Patriarch of the Georgian Orthodox Church, Ilia
      II, praised his five-day visit to Russia as “historic” upon his arrival
      to Georgia late on Saturday, RIA Novosti reported.

      “With God’s help, my visit was successful, and I think it was a historic
      visit and good results will follow,” he told journalists.
      The 80-year-old Catholicos-Patriarch, Georgia’s most trusted public
      figure who is often referred to as the nation’s spiritual leader, came
      to Moscow last Sunday.

      Although the official purpose of the visit was to receive a prestigious
      award on Monday from a Russian Orthodox Church-affiliated foundation for
      his contribution to fostering the unity of Orthodox Christian nations,
      he also met with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday and
      “relayed greetings” from the Georgian Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili.