ACROD Participaes in Annual March for Life in Washington, DC

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013
      http://www.acrod.org/news/releases/march2013

      ACROD Participates in Annual March For Life In Washington, DC

      WASHINGTON, DC -- Clergy and faithful of the Diocese took part today in the 39th Annual March for Life, in protest of the legalization of abortion. Our Diocese has been in the forefront of the Orthodox Christian Right to Life Movement, with diocesan priest, the Rev. Dr. Edward Pehanich, being a co-founder of Orthodox Christians for Life.

      Over the years, Diocesan faithful from the Johnstown/Pittsburgh and Eastern Seaboard regions have chartered buses, and organized car and van-pools to make their presence known, quietly marching in prayer and in singing of hymns with their fellow Orthodox brothers and sisters of other dioceses.

      This year, this sad, but necessary tradition continued with our diocesan faithful marching from the National Mall up Constitution Avenue to Capitol Hill, where a Panachida for the Holy Innocents, the unborn children lost to the sin of abortion, took place near the Supreme Court.

      View Photo Gallery
      View Video of Excerpt From The Panachida (Memorial) Service