TV Channel for Orthodox Church of Ukraine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013
      http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/2748835.html

      Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev blessed establishing a television channel of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, "Obraz" [Image]

      January 26, 2013

      On January 24, 2013, during the first  conference of the Union of Orthodox women of Ukraine, Vladimir Prodivus, people's deputy of Ukraine, announced that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church would be given a TV channel (license for digital broadcasting).

      Archpriest Georgi Kovalenko,  Chairman of the Synodal Information and Education Department of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church,  reported this to His Beatitude Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine , who blessed establishing a television channel of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, with the working title "Obraz."

      Commenting on the event, Archpriest George Kovalenko, said: "We understand that the creation of a church-wide television channel - is a difficult and responsible matter. Moreover, it is vital and necessary. We hope that together, with God's help and the prayers of our Primate, we can create a real Church TV and present the true image of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to the world. "