Metropolitan Tikon's message to Antiocian Patriarc Ignatius, Metorpolitan Pilip

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2012
      http://oca.org/news/headline-news/metropolitan-tikhon-sends-messages-of-concern-to-ailing-antiochian-patriarc

      December 4, 2012

      Metropolitan Tikhon sends messages of concern to ailing Antiochian Patriarch Ignatius, Metropolitan Philip

      SYOSSET, NY [OCA]

      On Tuesday, December 4, 2012, His Beatitude,
      Metropolitan Tikhon, sent a message of concern to His Beatitude, Patriarch
      Ignatius IV of Antioch and All the East, assuring him of prayers on behalf of
      the Holy Synod of Bishops, clergy and faithful of the Orthodox Church in
      America.

      Earlier the same day, a briefing released by Archpriest George
      Kevorkian, Chancellor of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North
      America, included a request for prayers on behalf of Patriarch Ignatius, who had
      been admitted to a Beirut hospital on Monday after suffering a stroke. [See related
      story.]

      The text of Metropolitan Tikhon’s message to Patriarch
      Ignatius reads as follows.

      “I write with deep concern on behalf of the
      Holy Synod of Bishops, the clergy and the faithful of the Orthodox Church in
      America, upon learning this morning that Your Beatitude had suffered a stroke
      and had been admitted to Saint George Hospital in Beirut.

      “For decades,
      Your Beatitude’s leadership and archpastoral ministry have not only fulfilled
      the vision of your predecessors, in the image of our Father among the Saints
      Ignatius, but have offered to hierarchs, clergy and faithful alike an example of
      a truly good and loving shepherd, ever-willing to forsake all for that portion
      of the Flock entrusted to your care. Please be assured, dear brother and
      concelebrant, of our prayers for your full recovery, especially at this critical
      time in the life of the most esteemed Patriarchate of Antioch.
      “May He Who is the Healer and Physician of our bodies and souls be with Your
      Beatitude now and in the days to come, and may our prayers, offered on your
      behalf, be pleasing to our Lord and Saviour.”

      Metropolitan Tikhon sent a
      similar message to His Eminence, Metropolitan Philip of the Antiochian
      Archdiocese.

      * For a biography of Patriarch Ignatius, please visit http://www.antiochdev.org/churchSite/portal/bios/bioEn.php.