DECR Chairman congratulates Metropolitan Tikhon

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012

      http://www.mospat.ru/en/2012/11/16/news75784/

      DECR chairman congratulates His Beatitude Tikhon, Metropolitan of All
      America and Canada, on the election as sixth Primate of Orthodox Church in
      America

      16.11.2012
      The chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church
      Relations sent the message of greetings to His Beatitude Tikhon, elected
      Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of all America and Canada.

      His Beatitude TIKHON
      Elected Archbishop of Washington,
      Metropolitan of All America and Canada

      Your Beatitude,

      Please accept my cordial greetings on the occasion of your election as the
      sixth Primate of the Orthodox Church in America.

      The 17th All-American Council has elevated you to the lofty and
      important ministry of the Metropolitan of All America and Canada. Special
      spiritual and physical strength is needed for preaching the truths of the
      Orthodox faith on the North American Continent – this truly vast vineyard of
      Christ (cf. Mt 21:33-41) which has been cultivated by the toil and exploits of
      St Herman of Alaska, St Innocent and your heavenly patron St Tikhon of
      Moscow.

      I believe that through the intersession of the holy and equal-to-the-apostles
      enlighteners of the American land, God will give you His mighty helping hand
      (cf. 1 Pt 5:6) and establish and guard (cf. 2 Thess 3:3) the Orthodox Church in
      America, the youngest in the family of Local Autocephalous Churches, against any
      discord and disorder.

      I hope that your ministry will greatly contribute to the strengthening of the
      spiritual relations between our fraternal Churches and wish Your Beatitude peace
      and abundant grace from the All-Generous God.
      With respectful love in the Lord,
      +Hilarion
      Metropolitan of Volokolamsk
      Chairman
      Department for External Church Relations
      MoscowPatriarchate