Patriarch Kirill congratulates Obama on his re-election as president of USA

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2012

      09 November 2012, 13:59
      Patriarch Kirill congratulates Obama on his re-election as president of USA

      Moscow, November 9, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia
      sent the message of greetings to Barack Obama on the occasion of his
      re-election as president of the United States of America.

      "The choice made by the people of the USA testifies to the confidence of
      compatriots in your policy. This places on you a special responsibility
      for the destiny of the millions of people who have linked their hopes
      for better life with you," the message says.

      The Patriarch is confident that during the next presidential term of
      Obama the relations between peoples of two countries will develop and be
      strengthened.

      "It is gratifying to know that the Russian Orthodox Church, which
      presence in America numbers over two hundred years, enjoys due respect
      in the United States. I hope for attention of the authorities of your
      country to the needs of our faithful," Patriarch Kirill said.

      He wished Obama spiritual and physical strength, God’s help and success
      in his work at the highest governmental post, and peace, wellbeing and
      prosperity to the American people.