Saint Philothea Project Christmas Packages

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2012
      Saint Philothea Project
      Sacrifice For Saint Theodore Tiron
      2004 E.Whitmer St.
      Decatur Il 62521
      217-433-0827

      Dear Friends of Saint Philothea, Saint Theodore of Tiron and the Poor:

      Greetings in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!

      After hearing the Gospel last Sunday of Lazarus and the rich man. God provide many opportunities for us to remember that every good thing comes from God. We should not consider our goods and income to be our own but as something of which we are stewards. The rich man daily opportunity to assist Lazarus. Overwhelmed with his concern for comfort and ease eschews his fellow man. He continues to treat Lazarus as an object to be command and not a man who need to respected and assisted in his suffering. We can choose during this coming fast to fill the fast by showing generosity to the poor and distressed, or we can avert our eyes and suffer the loss of no co-working with God

      The Partiarch Daniel of Romania at the recently concluded announced 2012 –
      Solemn Year of the Holy Unction and Taking Care of the Sick in the Romanian Patriarchate.

      As we approach the Nativity Fast we are accepting packages for orphans and other distress children until the end of the fast December 25. Send your packages to when they are ready or during the Christmas Feast. The address is above.

      Continuing is a shopping list for packages
      Delivering Comfort and Warmth to Those In Need
      Teenage Boys
      Sizes XL, L, M, S, XS
      Underwear: Cotton Briefs
      T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
      Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
      Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
      Slippers/House Shoes

      Teenage Girls
      Sizes L, M, S, XS
      Underwear: Cotton Briefs
      T-Shirts: Cotton Undershirts
      Bras & Sport Bras: 100% Nylon
      Sport Socks: Poly/Cotton Blend Tube
      Sleepwear: Poly/Cotton Blend Tops & Bottoms
      Slippers/House Shoes

      Children & Infants
      Sizes 3-24 mos, 2T-6X, 7-14
      Underwear: Boys & Girls Briefs
      T-Shirts: White Cotton Undershirts
      Sport Socks: Poly Cotton Blend or 100% Cotton
      Sleepwear: Long Pant Pajamas, Poly/Cotton Blend

      Personal Items (anything travel sized)
      Icons small or paper
      Toothbrushes: Soft-Bristle individually Wrapped Adult & Child Sized
      Toothpaste: Fluoride Tube 2.75 oz., & Toddler Paste
      Comb & Brush: Personal Size
      Soap: Face & Body Bars, 1.5 oz.
      Shampoo/Conditioner: 4 oz.
      Moisture Lotion: 4-8 oz.

      Everything can be sent in a Backpack, Rucksack, bag or box.