People of Russia do not have to r epent for tsar family killing – culture minister

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012

      31 October 2012, 14:30
      People of Russia do not have to repent for tsar family killing – culture
      minister

      Moscow, October 31, Interfax - Russian Culture Minister Vladimir
      Medinsky does not believe that the blame for the killing of Russia's
      last Emperor Nicholas II and his family rests with the people of Russia.

      "I don't believe the people of Russia should repent for the killing of
      the tsar's family because the people of Russia did not kill the tsar's
      family. It was done by several bastards on the orders of other
      bastards," the minister said at the 5th International Festival of
      Orthodox Media Faith and Word, commenting on the statement made by one
      delegate referring to the discussion on the need for the people of
      Russia to repent for their sins to the tsar's family, which has been
      occurring on the Internet for the past few years.

      Medinsky also spoke about the issue of the burial of the body of
      Vladimir Lenin, saying that "the Culture Ministry will not come up with
      any initiatives regarding any burials and re-burials."

      "It is our official position, and there is also my private opinion as a
      citizen," the minister said, adding that he would not like his private
      opinion on this issue, which he characterize as "rather sharp," to be
      associated with the official position of the government.