Kyiv Monastery of the Caves to Cooperate with Museums in Berlarus & Moldova

  • petro_melnyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2012
      Kyiv Pechersk Lavra to cooperate with Belarus and Moldovan museums
      Oct. 19, 2012, 11:47 a.m. |

      Kyiv Pechersk Lavra National Reserve and the leading museums of Belarus and Moldova are to establish effective cooperation, the reserve's press service said on, Oct. 18.

      The statement reads Director General of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra National Reserve Liubomyr Mykhailyna achieved preliminary agreements on such cooperation while attending the First National Forum Museums of Belarus in Grodno on Oct. 12-14, 2012.

      "At the forum I talked to representatives from six leading museums of BelarusÂ… I passed them for consideration a draft memorandum on understanding and cooperation, and we decided to seek common points. Museums in the Republic of Moldova are also interested in cooperating with us. I had a relevant conversation with Director of the National Museum of Archeology and History of Moldova Yevgeny Savva," Mykhailyna said.

      The draft memorandum foresees information exchange, holding of joint seminars and symposiums, joint publications and cultural projects, as well as cooperation in the sphere of preservation of monuments and cultural heritage, etc.

      In late June 2012, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra National Reserve and three museum of Russia decided to cooperate.

      http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv/kyiv-pechersk-lavra-to-cooperate-with-belarus-and-moldovan-museums-314634.html