Fr. V. Chaplin: "small people" aim to upset Patriarch's emotional balance

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012

      2012-10-15 16:03:00
      Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin: "small people" aim
      to upset Patriarch's emotional balance
      Moscow, October 15, Interfax - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, the
      head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations, believes there
      are people who aim to upset Patriarch Kirill's emotional balance.

      "I will
      not name any names now. I think you don't even know them, they are very small
      people, but they are concerned about their role in history and they obviously
      plan to be in demand with the authorities, the West, or someone else sometime.
      Their aim is to reduce the patriarch to a serious physical breakdown or a
      psychological breakdown," the priest said in an interview with Snob magazine.

      Father Vsevolod said the Patriarch uses his mystical and
      religious feelings and is correctly reacting to "attempts to psychologically
      destabilize him."

      The priest said the Patriarch's ill-wishers "do not
      understand the psychology of religious people," although some of them "have "a
      certain distorted form of religious feelings." Father Vsevolod reiterated that
      the Patriarch's mind is cleared of all extraneous thought after a church
      service. "You can write for 10 hours 'We will kill you, we will cut your head
      off', but it doesn't affect him in any way," he said.

      "The Patriarch
      serves very emotionally. His service contradicts the Moscow tradition, the Athos
      impartiality. This impartiality sometimes turns into an 'I don't care' attitude.
      Kirill does things that were not accepted a mere five years ago. He reads secret
      prayers out loud that were considered a holy secret by several generations of
      the Moscow clergy. He gives a church service and all worldly things go away.
      This is the reason why he can't be reduced to a state of rage and breakdown,"
      the priest said.