Help delegates from Alaska, Mexico attend the 17th All-American Council

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2012
      October 3, 2012
      Help delegates from Alaska, Mexico attend the 17th All-American Council
      SYOSSET, NY [OCA]

      Crucial to the success of the 17th All-American Council, slated to
      convene at Holy Trinity Church, Parma, OH on Tuesday, November 13, 2012,
      is a full compliment of delegates representing parishes of every diocese
      of the Orthodox Church in America.

      In an effort to assist delegates from the Dioceses of Alaska and Mexico,
      for whom travel costs easily can approach the astronomical, a special
      appeal has been issued with the concurrence of the Metropolitan Council
      to raise $15,000.00 to help offset expenses.

      “As we gather for the important task of selecting a new Primate, we need
      to have as much representation as we can, and every diocese should be
      well represented,” said Hiermonk David [Mahaffey], who was recently
      nominated by the Diocese of Alaska to fill the vacant See of Sitka,
      Anchorage and Alaska. “For the majority of the delegates, their travel
      and lodging will be a sacrifice of their parishes’ time, talent and
      treasure. But for the Dioceses of Alaska and Mexico, the expense can be
      ‘a burden grievous to be borne.’

      Read more:

      http://oca.org/news/headline-news/help-delegates-from-alaska-mexico-attend-the-17th-all-american-council