Upcoming Orthodox Educators Workshop in Houston, TX Area

  • mateliza@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2004
      Educating Ourselves & Our Children in Godliness

      St. Anthony Antiochian Orthodox Church in Spring, Texas (near Houston) and
      the OCEC (Orthodox Christian Education Commission) is proud to present an
      exciting new workshop that will improve the quality of teaching in our Church (&
      Home) Schools.

      Presented by: Mrs. Carole Buleza, Director of Christian Education, Chair of
      OCEC Curriculum Department. Mrs. Buleza developed the new OCEC High School age
      curriculum, which will be reviewed at these sessions.

      Friday, Oct. 8th , 7 – 9 PM
      Saturday, Oct. 9th, 9 AM – 3:30 PM (Lunch Provided)

      Courses: 1) Introduction to Teaching; 2) Overview of Orthodoxy;
      3) Orientation to Curriculum (Including Games & Crafts)

      Open to ALL Orthodox Educator, Pastors & Youth Workers.

      Participants: Please bring a Bible and a copy of curriculum and materials
      currently in use, examples of games, activities, arts & crafts for sharing. The
      new OCEC High School age curriculum text, “The Way, The Truth and the Life”
      will be featured. Upon completion, partipants will receive a Certificate of
      Completion through the OCEC.

      Registration Fee: $25.00

      Houston, TX area OCEC Workshop Hotel Accommodations at:
      Holiday Inn Express, Rt. 145, Woodlands (Phone: 1-800-Holiday for
      reservations). King or 2 Queen Beds = $59.99 (Folks can share!)

      Send in registrations by Sept. 30th To:

      OCEC Workshop
      c/o Fr. George Dahdouh
      22006 Bridgestone Oak Drive.
      Spring, TX 77388

      Email: fathergeorge@...
      Phone: 281-528-7007 (Information from Fr. George or Kh. Manal Dahdouh