Poland: National Digital Archive is expanding

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012
      http://www.cerkiew.pl/index.php?id=other&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=17315&tx_ttnews[backPid]=419&cHash=81da9206c0bcb89845041f380b45fc75

      National Digital Archive is expanding
      Maria Nalewajko / 23.08.2012

      National Digital Archive has started its activity in March 2008.
      Archives gathered there cover materials since the forties of the
      nineteenth century till contemporary times. This body is collecting,
      elaborating, preserving and making archives such as photos, voice
      recordings and films accessible. Approximately 14 million photos are
      there in National Digital Archive. The collection is being constantly
      expanded. For now about 185 thousand photos are available on-line.

      In the archive we can find less known photos concerning Orthodox events
      and persons linked with Polish Orthodox Church during interwar period.
      This collection is also expanding. A few days ago on the archive’s
      website new photos concerning Orthodox Church life were published. One
      of the photos is not described. If there is someone who knows who is
      depicted on this photo and what celebration is shown, we will be grateful.

      See: http://www.audiovis.nac.gov.pl/haslo/520/