Orthodox Fail To Obstruct Building of Greek-Catholic Chapel in Khmilnyky

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 7:57 PM
      http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/community/land_and_property_problems/49483/

      Orthodox Fail To Obstruct Building of Greek-Catholic Chapel in Khmilnyky

      Despite the protests of the Orthodox against the construction of a Greek
      Catholic chapel in the town of Khmilnyk of Vinnytsia Oblast, the law
      remains on the side of the Catholics as a denomination cannot prohibit
      another one to build a church.

      The senior priest of the Greek Catholic parish of St. John in Khmilnyk,
      Fr. Oleksandr Plieshanov, reported so to CREDO.

      “No one told me for what reason they sought to change the location of
      the chapel. But the town council did not consider that question today.
      Probably because our religious community expressed its protest against
      making any alterations to the previous decision of the Khmilnyk Town
      Council,” he said.

      The interdenominational conflict in Vinnytsia Oblast started after a
      protest of Orthodox believers led by their priest against the
      construction of the chapel by the Greek Catholics. They even promised a
      massacre if the chapel is built.

      According to the Orthodox, the Greek Catholic chapel will violate the
      memory of their ancestors even though the chapel is to be built in a
      former Catholic cemetery.