Metropolitan Krystof Southwest Alaska Declaration

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 5:50 AM
      [Upon learning of the death of of Archbishop John of Preshov, Metropolitan Krystof returned to Czechia.]

      http://dioceseofalaska.org/

      Metropolitan Krystof Southwest Alaska Declaration
      We the delegation from the Czech Republic and Slovakia led by this Beatitude
      Metropolitan Krystof having visited southwest Alaska July 29-31, 2012, wish to
      express our solidarity and unanimous support for our Orthodox brothers and
      sisters in Christ in their struggle to preserve their culture their way of life,
      and the integrity and sanctity of their natural environment. Having seen the
      incredible beauty and enjoyed the abundance of wildlife in the region, we agree
      with the unanimous resolution of the Orthodox Diocese of Alaska that this land
      must be forever protected from pollution and destruction. We assure the Alaska
      Native people of Bristol Bay of our continued prayers for them and invoke God’s
      Blessing on all of those who seek to protect and preserve this unique and
      precious ecosystem for future generations.

      +Metropolitan Krystof
      Primate
      of the Orthodox Church in the Czech Lands and Slovakia