St. Vladimir’s Seminary Launches New SVS Press & Bookstore Website, Funded by Farah Foun dation

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2012
      St. Vladimir’s Seminary Launches New SVS Press & Bookstore Website,
      Funded by Farah Foundation

      New SVS Press &B ookstore Website: <http://www.svspress.com/>

      [SVOTS Communications, Yonkers, NY] St. Vladimir’s Seminary’s academic
      press and bookshop are sporting a fresh face on the World Wide Web. With
      the launch of their new Website in July, SVS Press and Bookstore are
      providing retail customers with a simple, intuitive online shopping
      experience, with “back end” software that allows customers to track and
      receive updated status reports on their online orders. The newly
      designed Website was funded with a $20,000 matching grant from the
      Virginia H. Farah Foundation <http://www.farahfoundation.org/>.

      The Very Rev. Dr. Chad Hatfield, seminary Chancellor/CEO, expressed his
      gratitude and pleasure at the launch, saying, “We have carefully
      received and responded to constructive criticisms and positive
      suggestions from our SVS Press devotees. Hopefully the site will meet
      their expectations, and special thanks goes to the Farah Foundation for
      their support.”

      Father Chad, who is editor of the Orthodox Christian Profile Series at
      SVS Press, drew special attention to the newest release in that series,
      Antony Bashir, Metropolitan and Missionary, by Constantine Nasr—a
      fascinating look behind the scenes at an important period of history in
      the establishment of the Orthodox faith in America. “This book will
      remind those who knew Metropolitan Antony just how great his
      contribution to the Orthodox faith in North America was, and will serve
      to introduce him to a new generation that did not have the honor of
      knowing him,” he noted.

      “Since its inception in 1968, SVS Press has been integral to the
      seminary’s mission to serve Christ and His Church through theological
      education, research, and scholarship. Its books, music and lecture
      CDs, and children’s titles provide spiritual and intellectual
      nourishment to Orthodox Christian believers and those seeking
      information about the Orthodox Church around the globe,” Fr. Chad
      continued. “We are confident this new Website will even further heighten
      the reputation of our press as the world leader in Orthodox Christian
      publications.”