Episcopal Search Committee Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2012
      http://www.dosoca.org/

      Episcopal Search Committee Update
      July 5, 2012
      Dear Brothers, Concelebrants, and Faithful of the Diocese of the South,

      Earlier this week Abp Nikon made the decision to postpone the DOS
      Special Assembly that had been called for July 19, 2012. This is to
      give an opportunity for Fr Gerasim to be fully vetted by the Holy Synod
      of the OCA as it is presently made up. The make-up of the Synod has
      significantly changed since Fr Gerasim was initially vetted in May of
      2009. My hope is that any questions regarding his suitability as a
      bishop in the OCA will be answered at the Fall Session of the Holy
      Synod. Regardless, our annual DOS Assembly will take place in Miami as
      scheduled, simply without the special assembly. In any event this
      special assembly was only scheduled to take a short amount of time in
      the overall agenda. Presently we are looking at ways of reorganizing the
      overall assembly schedule. You will be sent the updated schedule as
      soon as it is available. I look forward to seeing all of you in Miami.

      in Christ

      Fr Marcus