Khabarovsk churches distribute pamphlets about Orthodoxy in Chinese

  • Nelson Mitrophan Chin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2012
      http://orthodox.cn/news/20120701leaflets_en.htm

      published originally in Russian by Information Department of the Khabarovsk Diocese
      July 1, 2012

      English translation by Katherine Ilachinski

      Khabarovsk churches will distribute pamphlets about Orthodoxy in Chinese

      In Khabarovsk, they printed 1,000 copies of pamphlets in Chinese, which outline the basic teachings of the Orthodox Faith. These leaflets will be available in parishes, which are often visited by tourists from China. It is also planned to distribute them among the migrant workers who live and work in the city and region.

      Leaflet layouts about Orthodoxy are provided by the parish priest Dionisy Pozdnyaev of St. Peter and Paul in Hong Kong (China) , who visited Khabarovsk diocese in May 1012. In a personal meeting with Metropolitan Ignatius of Khabarovsk and Amur, Father Dionisy proposed collaborative projects with Priamurskoj (lying close to Amur) metropolis in cooperation with our closest neighbor - China.

      Among other things, Father Dionisy proposed a project of brochures in Chinese, which outlines the basic tenets of the Orthodox Faith. As Father Dionisy himself noted, these leaflets could be given to the Chinese, so that they being on the territory of Russia, could become more familiar with our traditional culture.