Orthodox spokesman questions Turkish position on confiscated seminary

  • John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2012
      Ecumenical News International News Highlights 10 April 2012

      Orthodox spokesman questions Turkish position on confiscated seminary

      (ENInews)--A spokesman for the Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarchate has rejected
      suggestions by the Turkish government that the reopening of a confiscated
      Orthodox seminary near Istanbul should be linked with parallel concessions
      to Muslims in neighboring Greece. "I don't understand how this can be linked
      with steps by Greece, with which we have nothing in common," the spokesman,
      Dositheos Anagnostopoulos, said in an ENInews interview in early April. "The
      Halki Seminary is a problem between the Patriarchate, Ankara and the
      European Union; Athens is not a party to this discussion." [ENI-12-0206, 450
      words]

      ENI Online - www.eni.ch