TEAM OF THE HELLENIC AIR FORCE VISITS THE PATRIARCHATE

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2011
      http://www.jp-newsgate.net/en/2011/11/17/1722/#more-1722

      A TEAM OF THE HELLENIC AIR FORCE VISITS THE PATRIARCHATE
      17/11/2011
      In category : Chronicle — @ 21:30

      On Thursday, November 4th / 17th 2011, a 50member team of the Hellenic
      Air Force (H.A.F) visited the Patriarchate.

      This visit at the Patriarchate took place in the frame of the visit of
      the above team to the state of Israel for the cooperation of the
      military air forces of the two countries specifically for the air
      operation exercise in the area of Ovda in southern Israel by the name of
      “burning and unburnt bush”.

      This visit to the Patriarchate took place with the cooperation of the
      Hellenic Embassy in Tel-Aviv. Spokesman of the Embassy, Colonel Nikolaos
      Kouroumanis accompanied the above-mentioned team. The above-mentioned
      team was accepted by His Beatitude our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem
      Theophilos.

      The head of this team thanked His Beatitude for the time he devoted for
      the visit to the Holy Land and to the Patriarchate and explained to His
      Beatitude that the success of the Mission of the team is attributable to
      the readiness of the armed air forces at any given moment to protect our
      homeland.

      His Beatitude commended the members of the team on their devotion to the
      duty of protecting our country, on their success of their Mission and
      underlined the importance of their visit to the Holy Land and the
      Patriarchate.

      The Holy Land stated His Beatitude, sanctified by the blood of the cross
      of our Savior Jesus Christ, safeguarded in centuries since the
      establishment of the first Christian foundation of the Holy Land, the
      Patriarchate of Jerusalem and the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulcher, the
      Order of the Great. The Patriarchate and the Brotherhood perform in the
      Holy Land ecclesiastical, sanctifying deed through the Divine Worship,
      the sacraments, the education of the Orthodox congregation as well as
      peacekeeping and conciliatory among the conflicting ethnic and religious
      factors in the Holy Land.

      Stating these, His Beatitude wished them to have with the grace of the
      Holy Sepulcher the power to protect the principles and values contested
      and shaken nowadays as the country, the Church and the family.

      His Beatitude gave every member of the team icons of the Holy Sepulcher,
      the History of the Church of Jerusalem by Chrysostomos Papadopoulos and
      other blessings from Jerusalem and medals of the two-thousand year
      anniversary of Christianity.

      Chief Secretary’s Office

      (translated from the original document in Greek by Mrs. Irini Valasi)