All Ukrainians, regardless ofjurisdiction.......

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
      http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=87539&topic=769

      [Edited machine translation] UOC-KP and UAOC accepted the words of Archbishop Alexander (Drabinko) as a call
      for all Orthodox Christians in Ukraine, regardless of jurisdiction, to pray for
      Metropolitan Vladimir (Sabodan)

      ________________________________

       "We understood the Archbishop's words as a call to all
      Orthodox Christians," -  Bishop Evstratii (Zoria), the secretary of the Holy Synod of the UOC-KP, told the newspaper "Kommersant in Ukraine." He noted that as head
      of one of the largest church communities in Ukraine, Metropolitan Vladimir
      is of particular importance for both the Orthodox and the secular people in Ukraine: "Inside
      the UOC/MP, with its contending tendencies of moving towards or away from
      Moscow, he is the central unifying figure."

      The head of the
      Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church, Metropolitan Methodius (Kudryakov),
      on learning of the illness of the leaders of the UOC/MP and the UOC in America (Patriarchate of Constantinople), also said that "today, all my prayers are for the healing and health dear to my heart
      lords, these Ukrainian hierarchs so dear to my heart,  who out of a desire to serve God and the Church more and more, for decades stood before the throne of God, tiring their bodies, but tempering their soul and spirit."

      "Today, after receiving this
      disturbing news, we are trying to accept them as Christians, humbly and without murmurring. However, from a  purely human standpoint, our hearts are troubled for their Beatitudes Vladimir and Constantine and those close to them, for whom it is particularly difficult to accept their illness and suffering. And of course, today
      we think about the fate of our long-suffering
      Ukrainian Church, outwardly divided, but, at the same time, united before God and eternity, "- said the UAOC's leader

      According to " Komsomolskaya
      Pravda "Archbishop Alexander (Drabinko),  Secretary of the Primate of the UOC-MP, Metropolitan Vladimir is in one of the capital city's hospitals. On November 2 he was operated on and now he's in a postoperative period.The operation was successful. The Metropolitan is still in intensive care, and thus has not
      been permitted many visitors. Archbishop Alexander noted that the
      operation is associated with the effects of Parkinson's disease.