Draft Resolution of the Jubileee Council of the UOC

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      http://orthodox.org.ua/eng/node/2089

      KYIV. Draft Resolution of the Jubilee Council of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church made public

      With the blessing of the Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and in
      order to stop the anti-Church information campaign in the media, and to
      reassure the faithful and to stop speculations about the Jubilee Council of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church that will be held at the Holy Dormition Kyiv Lavra of
      Caves on July 8, 2011, the Organizing Committee for Preparation of the Council
      made public the draft resolutions of the Jubilee Council of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church.

      This document was sent to all delegates of the Jubilee
      Council of the UOC for making amendments and suggestions. The resolution is the
      only document to be adopted by the Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
      Draft

      RESOLUTION
      Council of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church

      on July 8, 2011

      The Jubilee Council of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church, held by the will of God at the Holy Dormition Kyiv Caves Lavra,
      on July 8, 2011, on hearing the report of the Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox
      Church Metropolitan Volodymyr of Kyiv and All Ukraine and summarizing the
      activity of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in the period since the last Council
      of the UOC on June 26, 1992, resolved:

      1. To lift up thanksgiving
      prayers to God for his mercy to our Holy Church, which after the decades of
      atheist persecutions of the twentieth century restored its full life and a
      canonical structure, through the prayers of the Holy Apostle Andrew the First
      Called, Saints Cyril and Methodius, the Holy Great Prince Vladimir and Princess
      Olga, the Holy and Right-Believing Prince Yaroslav the Wise, the Holy Kyivan
      Hierarchs Michael, Hilarion, Peter, Alexius, Peter Mohyla, Filaret, hieromartyrs
      Macarius, Vladimir and Constantine, and all the new martyrs and confessors, the
      venerable and God-bearing fathers Anthony and Theodosius of the Caves, Job and
      Amphilochius of Pochayiv, St John of Svyatogorsk, St Alexius the
      Carpathian-Russian, St Laurentius of Chernigov, St Kuksha of Odessa and all the
      saints of our land.

      2. To extend gratitude from the plenitude of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church to the Primate of the UOC, Metropolitan Volodymyr of
      Kyiv and All Ukraine, through whose wise guidance and the prayers the saving
      ship of the Church passes through the turbulent sea of ​​today.
      To testify
      our obedience to Mother Church, and ask her Primate Metropolitan Volodymyr of
      Kyiv and All Ukraine to continue to be the guarantor of our "unity in the bond
      of peace" (Eph. 4, 3).

      3. To demonstrate once again our prayerful
      and canonical unity with the Russian Orthodox Church, through which the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church is connected to all the Local Orthodox
      Churches.

      4. To raise thanksgiving prayers to God, wonderful in His
      saints, for having revealed to us his 260 new saints, which glorified our Holy
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church during the last 19 years. To call on the clergy and
      faithful of our Holy Church to follow the example of the newly-glorified saints,
      building churches and monasteries in their honor, and spread their
      veneration.

      5. To approve all the actions and decisions of the Holy
      Synod and the Council of Bishops of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church that took
      place between the Councils of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of 26 June 1992 and
      of 8 July 2011.

      6. According to the paragraph 18 Chapter VIII of the
      "Statute of the Russian Orthodox Church" and paragraph 7 of Part II of the
      "Statute on governance of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church" the Council of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church adopts the "Statute on governance of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church" in the version adopted by the Synod of Bishops of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church, on July 8, 2011. "Statute on governance of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church" takes effect upon approval.

      7. To approve on behalf
      of the plenitude of the UOC the activities of the Synodal institutions, diocesan
      bishops, clergy, monastics and faithful of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, aimed
      at the revival of churches and monasteries, development of the missionary,
      educational, pedagogical and educational activities, social ministry, service to
      neighbor and charity. To call upon all the faithful of our Holy Church and
      continue to grow from strength to strength, so that those who see our good works
      glorified our Father in Heaven (Mt. 5, 16).

      8. On behalf of the
      plenitude of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to thank the government of Ukraine
      for good deeds and intentions, for returning churches and monasteries, and the
      assistance in their revival. To express hope that the tragic events of our
      church for 90 tumultuous years of the twentieth century have forever gone, that
      the government and politicians will not try to use the church for fulfillment of
      temporary earthly interests.

      9. In the year of the 20th anniversary of the Independence of Ukraine to raise gratitude to God for His
      mercy and trials that were revealed to our people and our country, and to call
      the faithful children of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to intensify their
      prayers for peace, tranquility and welfare of our people, so that the Lord
      granted our authorities and army of "peaceful reign, so that we may lead a
      tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity " (1 Tim. 2,
      2).

      10. On behalf of the plenitude of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
      to express hope for further constructive development of the church-state
      relations based on the principles of partnership and mutual respect in order to
      serve the people of Ukraine and to call on the President of Ukraine, Verkhovna
      Rada of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to help solve to the
      extent of their powers the following issues:

      - to adopt new Law of
      Ukraine on freedom of conscience and religious organizations that would provide
      an opportunity for the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to acquire the status of legal
      person, establish her own educational institutions at all levels.

      - We
      consider it necessary to introduce the study of basic Christian ethics, Orthodox
      culture and the Law of God at schools of all levels from kindergarten to the
      most prestigious university, and to enable the Church to participate in the
      training of teachers of religious study, religious, natural and ethical
      disciplines for public and private schools.

      - To create an effective
      system of protection of public morals and to prevent the propagation of
      immorality and sin. For spiritual revival and upbringing of the new generations
      the state should support the development of spiritual and educational
      information projects on television, radio and other media.

      - To join the
      state administrative and ecclesiastical moral potential for overcoming poverty
      and serving to neighbor, especially the elderly, the orphans, the sick and the
      people with special needs.

      - To create a system of military clergymen
      (chaplains) and to support further development of spiritual care of hospitals
      and penitentiary system.

      - To introduce moratorium on privatization of
      the former church property and to define mechanisms for its return to restore
      justice and to support the life of the Church and its social and charitable
      ministry.

      - To consider return or allocation of land to the monasteries
      and parishes for conducting agricultural activities.

      - Preservation of
      cultural and spiritual heritage of our nation, its historical monuments and holy
      sites should continues to be a common cause of the church and the state. The
      Church does not deny the necessity of existence of conservation areas,
      galleries, archives, storerooms and book depositories, but is sure that the
      church objects of value ​​and monuments that were taken away from the believers
      during the reign of God-fighting authorities, should be transferred back to the
      ownership of their real masters - the Ukrainian Orthodox church and other
      religious organizations from which they were taken away.

      11. On
      behalf of the plenitude of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to call brothers and
      sisters who seceded from the Mother Church band stay beyond the salvific fencing
      of the church sacraments, to repent and return to the home of the Father.
      The
      position of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church regarding the ways of overcoming the
      split remains principally the same: restoration of the unity of Ukrainian
      Orthodoxy should proceed in accordance with the canons of the Church, without
      intervention of the political forces and by means of return of those who
      departed in the fold of the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church.

      The
      example of the biblical parable says that returning to parental home is not
      humiliating or offensive. Our arms are open and the hearts are burning with
      desire to get united around the Eucharistic Chalice, to testify that Jesus
      Christ among us.

      12. On behalf of the plenitude of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church to support the efforts of the hierarchy on restoration of the
      unity of the Ukrainian Orthodoxy.

      To call upon all the faithful of the
      Ukrainian Orthodox Church to pray constantly for the return to the Church of
      those who seceded from her, to stop hostility, to increase love and renewal of
      God-commanded Unity.

      13. On behalf of the plenitude of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church to testify that the current canonical status of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church granted by the Tomos of His Holiness Alexius II, Patriarch of
      Moscow and All Russia on 27 October, 1990 and approved by the Local Council of
      the Orthodox Church on January 28, 2009 as an independent in governance and
      autonomous Church with the right of broad autonomy is by far the optimal. The
      status of the UOC gives her the opportunity to develop its salvific ministry and
      internal canonical structure. The status of the UOC is the guarantee of
      preserving its internal unity and a foundation for restoration of the unity of
      Ukrainian Orthodoxy.

      14. On behalf of the plenitude of the Ukrainian
      Orthodox Church to testify to the importance and necessity of construction of
      the Cathedral in Kyiv in honor of the Resurrection of Christ and the spiritual
      and educational center of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. To thank all who made
      their contribution to the construction of the cathedral and all the other
      churches and monasteries of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. May All-Merciful God
      give you "heavenly instead of earthy, immortal instead of perishable, eternal
      instead of temporary".

      The Jubilee Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox
      Church witnesses that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is the Church of Christ,
      which unites believers regardless of their nationality, race, political opinion
      or social status. The Ukrainian Orthodox Church is the Church of the Ukrainian
      people.