Fifth Annual Patristics Conference - July 8-9, 2011

  • The Orthodox Bookstore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 7:53 PM
      Kindly forward to family and friends!

      Fifth Annual Patristics Conference by the Diocese of Los Angeles
      under the auspices of His Grace Bishop Serapion

      Theme: Mystery of Baptism and the image of rebirth in the writings of St. Cyril
      of Alexandria.

      Friday, July 8, 2011
      6:30-7:30 pm Evening Raising of Incense
      7:30-9:00 pm Youth Presentation by Rev. Fr. Kyrillos Ibrahim on That Christ is
      One with Q&A.

      Saturday, July 9, 2011
      8:30-10:30 am Divine Liturgy
      10:30 am - 3:00 pm Brunch and Lectures by His Grace Bishop Serapion, V. Rev.
      Fr. Dragas, and Rev. Fr. John Paul Abdelsayed.
      Fr. George Dragas comes to us from the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Seminary
      in Brookline, MA.

      Conference location: Holy Virgin Mary Coptic Orthodox Church
      4909 Cleland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90050

      For a colorful flyer pdf:
      http://www.lacopts.org/sites/default/files/2011%20Conference%20Flyer.pdf

      For announcement:
      http://www.lacopts.org/news/fifth-annual-patristics-conference-july-8-9-2011

      Please do not miss this annual dose of spiritual-theological delight. I found
      it uniquely nourishing to my soul and mind in Christ. May His Holy Name be
      glorified in this conference and in us. Amen.

      S.M. Saad, Los Angeles