The Forces Behind +Jonah

  • William S
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      http://ocanews.org/news/ForcesBehindJonah5.1.11.html

      5.1.11

      The Forces Behind +Jonah

      If the scores of emails obtained by OCANews confirmed that Fr. Fester
      and Metropolitan Jonah are behind the campaign of disinformation and
      propaganda at OCATruth.com, they reveal other presences behind Fr.
      Fester, directly influencing the Metropolitan's words and deeds to
      chilling purpose.

      Yesterday OCANews published evidence that the confidential Sexual
      Misconduct Panel Advisory Committee (SMPAC) Report had been given to
      OCATruth.com blogger Rod Dreher. Dreher has subsequently confirmed the
      breach -although he denies the Report was given to him by his
      handler, Fr. Fester, but rather by an "anonymous source". He
      could be telling the truth. Emails now confirm it was also given to one
      of the subjects of that SMPAC Report - the former Bishop of Alaska,
      +Nikolai (Soraich).

      According to the email record, a copy of the 9 page confidential SMPAC
      Report was faxed from Dallas to +Nikolai. How could this happen?

      The SMPAC Report was initially given to the Synod of Bishops on
      February 12, 2011. +Jonah received his copy in Dallas, where he was
      hosting Metropolitan Hilarion (Alfayev). +Jonah immediately flew back to
      Syosset where he dismissed Chancellor Alexander Garklavs for his
      participation in the writing of the Report the next day - even though
      Fr. Garklavs had been appointed to the SMPAC Committee by +Jonah
      himself. Fr. Fester, however, remained in Dallas until the end of the
      month, when he left to assume his new position as the Dean of St.
      Nicholas Cathedral in Washington DC.

      +Nikolai, confused by the Report's fax header, begins an exchange with
      Fr. Fester on February 19th:

      " What is 214- xxx- xxxx?
      I am on this report and there are some very serious issues here."

      Fester replies:

      "I think it is the Kinko fax number"

      There is a Kinko's less than a half mile down the street from St.
      Seraphim's cathedral.

      Of A Common Mind

      How is it that the Dean of the +Jonah's Cathedrals (first in Dallas
      and now in DC) appears to be faxing +Jonah's confidential Report to
      a disgraced former bishop mentioned in the Report, one who was suing
      the OCA for $11 million less than two years ago? Indeed, +Jonah and
      +Nikolai have had a long and difficult relationship, stemming from
      the time when both served under +Tikhon of the West. +Jonah was the
      abbot of a small monastery at Point Reyes, CA (now located in Manton,
      CA) and +Nikolai was Tikhon's Chancellor. By all reports, +Nikolai
      was cruel to +Jonah, for whom he had scant regard. It was Fester who
      would bring the two together, and for a specfic reason: both +Jonah and
      +Nikolai wanted revenge on Bishop Benjamin. Thus Fester writes to
      +Nikolai on February 10th:

      "I want the two of you to be reconciled. I told him it is for the
      sake of his salvation. I think he is willing, but he has got to deal
      with his relationship with BB, which he is. He doesn't even feel
      good about going back to Manton because BB is so jealous. It is just
      sick and stupid."

      +Nikolai's lingering antipathy to +Jonah is clear, but the reference to
      Bishop Benjamin gets a reponse:

      "I am very disappointed in MJ. When he was diagnosed with that
      cancer in his mouth (I) had to order priests to go for the anointing.

      I protected him time and again when he was at Pt. Reyes and now he acts
      like this. Honestly I could be is best and strongest supporter.

      Never did I have eyes on being metropolitan, never was very much at
      peace being in Alaska and making something out of nothing.

      You are right about BB out here he is mainly despised and feared and out
      of control everywhere.

      Love and blessings

      The Right Reverend Bishop NIKOLAI"

      Fester replies with a single word: "yep".

      In their common dislike of Bishop Benjamin, Fester and +Nikolai
      appear had found the means to overcome +Jonah's past antipathy to
      the disgraced, retired Bishop. What prompted this meeting of the minds
      was the appearance of two letters of complaint against Bishop
      Benjamin, allegedly written by +Nikolai to the Synod, on an infamous
      website in early February. Fester recognized a potential ally:

      "Your Grace,

      Master Bless!

      Well, it appears that this very sad person xxxx has posted letters you
      wrote to BB (Bishop Benjamin) and MJ (Metropolitan Jonah). The official
      line is, this is old news. Nothing was done then and apparently nothing
      will be done now, except I hear that MJ has asked a priest to
      investigate things more. I pray that BB will come to his senses and do
      the right thing and come clean on his unhealthy life.

      Fr Bob ( The former Chancellor, Robert Kondratick) says that your
      health reports are great that you are in remission. Praise God. May it
      be so for many years....

      Asking your continued prayers, as you are in mine,

      Fr Joseph"

      Nikolai responds:

      "Good morning,

      Yes I heard about the DC move and pray it is good for you. I know it
      will be for the church.

      Father Gregory Jensen is the priest (conducting the investigation into
      Bishop Benjamin) and sent me two links on that site. I have never been
      on it before and wasn't yesterday either, only read the two
      postings. What horrible stuff!

      Poor BB is a mess but still has a chance to make things right unlike Job
      and that Canadian angel..."

      +Nikolai then admits the two letters posted were indeed from him. He
      continues:

      "You know when I wrote those letters no one ever asked if I had
      written them. The Pokrov girls were saying it couldn't be as the
      signature was the same but no one asked and the HS (Holy Synod)
      dismissed
      them as from someone who was `angry'. You know all those years
      I kept everything from HS meetings to myself, never posted a thing and
      in the last couple years there were several trying to bait me but I
      kept above that as you read in my letter.

      It is never too late to change as long as there is breath but I am not
      so optimistic. The Metropolitan
      has his own detractors among those men and he needs support not
      distraction from within but you
      know all of this better than I do. As much as I am despised by some I
      always did what was right.
      May God have mercy. I should have been sent to the DOS.

      Love and blessings,

      +N"

      Fr. Fester agrees:

      "Your Grace,

      I also know who I am despised by, and considering who they are, I know
      that I have made the right choices.

      Yes, the South would have been a good choice. Down here, the bishop is
      respected. Bishop Mark (former of AOCA) came here with a small chip on
      his shoulder given the way he was treated by Met. Philip (we are not
      alone with how bishops are treated). I have been encouraging him that
      he does not have to "prove" he is the bishop. Folks down here
      know he is and just want to be lead in a Godly manner.

      I am encouraging MJ to reach out to you. I spoke with him the other day
      and was kinda brutal (sic) with him saying that if you act like BB
      towards BN then you are no better than him and you are better than him
      but your actions have to show this. BB will never get it but MJ can.

      Jensen can expose BB. It may mean you have to bring official charges,
      but BB must answer for his misdeeds....

      fj"

      Later that same afternoon a frustrated +Nikolai writes:

      "I have this as HB's ( His Beatitude's) cell and texted him
      several hours ago?"

      Fester replies:

      "Yes, that is his cell phone. Keep trying."

      +Nikolai, an hour later, complains again, but this time with a warning:

      "I sent a text, does he check them?

      He's go to be ready for this next week-- bad stuff is coming
      down."

      The reference to "next week" is clearly to the forthcoming
      Synod meeting, held February 22-24 in Santa Fe where the SMPAC report
      was to be a major part of the agenda.

      Fester responds:

      "He is preparing himself. He is countering opinion and accusations
      with facts. Point by point."

      As we shall see later, that statement was wildly untrue. But the
      prospect excites +Nikolai. He replies:

      "Excellent. whatever I can do I am here."

      Fester sends the next email two days later, on February 21st:

      "Keep up the pressure on BB. ( Bishop Benjamin). You can help by
      keeping him out of Jonah's way and on the defensive."

      To which +Nikolai complains that having re-established contact with
      +Jonah, he now feels he is being ignored again:

      "It doesn't appear the +MJ wants my assistance."

      Fester reassures the Bishop and makes a startling prediction:

      "I think that whatever you said to him when you spoke the other day
      has moved him to a different place in terms of what he is going to say
      to the HS. His tone is totally different. It is direct. He affirms his
      election as Metropolitan by the Synod and states in no uncertain terms
      that he is not going anywhere and he resent any comments being made by
      the bishops, and states he knows who is saying these things and he
      wants an apology.

      A much different Jonah, so I believe he gets it, and knows that he does
      not take control of his staff and the Synod, then we are in very big
      trouble.

      So I would say, your help is still needed. Keep him strong,, keep BB
      out of his way, and start to rebuild your credibility. The time will
      come when what you are accused of doing will melt away in the face of
      direct confrontation from those who took you down and a meeting with
      the Synod to canonically state why you were retired against your will
      and why your diocese was taken away from you against your will. They
      have no canonical cause and they need to take you off retirement and
      put you back to work for the Church."

      Nikolai Redux?

      +Nikolai's tenure in Alaska can be fully reviewed by going to www.
      Pokrov.org and typing in the word "Soraich". The outcry these
      allegations raised resulted in a preliminary investigation by
      Chancellor Fr. Alexander Garklavs. The OCA Synod subsequently asked that
      +Nikolai take a voluntary Leave of Absence, and physically leave the
      diocese, so that the growing number of allegations against him could be
      fully investigated. He refused, and was eventually placed on Leave of
      Absence by the Synod. After his situation was discussed by the Synod,
      following a more formal investigation conducted by Archbishop Nathaniel
      and Bishop Tikhon, +Nikolai's formal resignation and retirement
      were both accepted by the Synod in May 2008.

      After his resignation +Nikolai decamped for Australia. He eventually
      returned to his former home in Las Vegas, where he then sued the OCA
      for $11 million for "wrongful termination and infliction of emotional
      distress". The OCA and Nikolai eventually came to an out of court
      agreement . The OCA agreed to canonically release +Nikolai to the
      Serbian Church, as he desired, if +Nikolai agreed to drop his lawsuit.
      A letter of release was given - but the Serbs have, so far, declined
      to accept +Nikolai.. Bishop Benjamin, who was appointed "locum
      tenens" to Alaska, now refuses to allow +Nikolai to serve in the
      either Diocese of the West, or Alaska, leaving an angry +Nikolai in a
      sort of canonical limbo. It is hardly conceivable anybody could
      believe that the Synod would undertake the legal and pastoral risks
      that would incur from +Nikolai's restoration - let alone actually
      do it. Yet it is still more shocking to discover that both
      Metropolitan Jonah and Fr. Fester are in regular contact for advice,
      counsel and instructions, as evidenced above, from a Bishop that sued
      the Church for $11 million just 2 years ago. And it is not less
      shocking that they appear to have facilitated breaching the
      confidentiality of the SMCAP Report by giving it to one of the
      subjects, so he could help them prepare a better defense against it's
      criticisms themselves. But then, those same emails reveal Fester is in
      regular and active contact with Robert Kondratick, who although he has
      been defrocked for more than 3 years, continues to serve a parish in the
      Diocese of the South.

      The Road to Santa Fe

      And +Nikolai's advice, counsel and instructions are specific. The
      February 21st exchange between +Nikolai and Fr. Fester continues.
      +Nikolai writes:

      "Keep pushing him (+Jonah) if you have the opportunity.
      He's got to line his support and then he's got to push for an
      investigation against BB.
      I can respond to whatever is asked, but he's got to drive it."

      Fester replies about the forthcoming Synod retreat in Santa Fe:

      " His first order of busines is going to be remove AG ( Fr.
      Alexander Garklavs). That will happen.
      Next it will be expose the conspiracy against him. That includes five
      members of the MC and BB and Mel ( Bishop Melchisedek). Dahulich will
      be at his side and counter BB. Mel is a worm. Bishop Mark Maymon will
      support HB as will Bishop elect Matt. With BB neutered, Nikon will
      fall into place and Tikhon wants to side with BB and Mel, he will be
      making a big mistake. Think he will side with HB. Nat. (Archbishop
      Nathaniel) will side with him and so will Irenee.

      BB is the one who needs to take LOA (Leave of Absence) not Jonah.

      Next is to put the MC back in their statutory box.

      These are the points he is making in his report. He is not pulling any
      punches."

      +Nikolai exults:

      ""WOW!" If this is the plan it is AWESOME!!!!
      I feel like I am there.
      Tikhon is a worm. Nikon has a heart, and don't forget Alejo also has
      as vote and will support him.
      Does he have Michael on board as that is the clincher, someone to neuter
      BB.
      Once he makes his move, then things start to fall into place.
      No Bishop should all those MC members to participate in any conspiracy.
      Who are the five MC? I only recall four: reeves, (Fr. John Reeves)
      faith ( Dr. Faith Skordinski) MS (Mark Stokoe) and DS ( Dr. Dmitri
      Solodow). All of whom are really BS. "

      Fester quickly replies:

      "You are right. Alejo has to be on the right side. Michael is
      totally on board. He (+Jonah) has a great line in his presentation.
      "Do you want a Church lead (sic) by the Holy Synod and the
      Metropolitan or do you want a consistory lead (sic) by an Archpriest
      and laity? The choice must be made today."

      The sentence was clearly intended as an appeal with historical
      resonances to New York Bishop Michael (Dahulich), who was raised in the
      Carpatho-Russian Archdiocese. +Nikolai replies:

      " Very Carpatho. nice usage."

      +Nikolai then asks:

      "What's your relationship with Brum? He speaks Spanish fluently
      so there is no question.
      Alejo is a full voting member and could be the swing vote. BTW
      administrators have all the rights and privileges other (Bishop Mark of
      Baltimore) and Moriak who is still a priest but should carry a lot of
      weight as duly elected."

      Fester answers with one line:

      "Brum and I are friends."

      Indeed. Fr. David Brum, together with Fr. Fester, were members of what
      the SIC Report called Kondratick's "Inner Circle", as the
      Secretary to the Metropolitan and Secretary to the Chancellor
      respectively, between 2000 - 2006. Both resigned with Kondratick was
      dismissed by Metropolitan Herman, with Fester heading to the Diocese of
      the South, and Brum going West. Fester has since promoted Brum to be a
      candidate for the episcopacy in the South, while +Jonah encouraged him
      for the Diocese of New York. (Fr. Brum withdrew his name from the latter
      election at the last minute.)

      Nikolai concludes the exchange with a prayer for Santa Fe:

      "I'll have a special supplication for this meeting."

      +Nikolai on +Nikolai

      Nikolai's "moving" of the Metropolitan before the Santa Fe
      meeting, and his advice and counsel to Fester as to how +Jonah should
      offer his report, +is especially significant because +Nikolai feels no
      remorse, repentance, let alone guilt for his past actions. In his 2011
      holiday letter to friends +Nikolai makes his anger and state of denial
      clear:

      "Greetings it is 2011!

      My dear friends,

      This has been one of the most difficult updates I have written. It has
      been a struggle what to say and how but some things have to be said and
      some even repeated before I can move on.

      There are three things in my life that I can recall causing me burden
      and weighing heavy on my soul and heart. Of course as one makes the
      journey there are things that are difficult and some even unresolved
      but these three seem to weigh more heavily than some of those others.

      It is now some four years since the barrage of attacks against me as a
      bishop and a person started to openly take place. The internet is where
      I was accused, tried and sentenced. I fought this battle with some of
      the best canonical papers written. It wasn't about canonical order
      it was all about uncanonical order. There were no charges ever brought
      against me only allegation and innuendo. I might add that there were
      few clergy and no hierarchs on the Synod supporting me as their bishop.
      That report of sorts written by Archpriest Garklavs was never given to
      me-never! I received it from pirated sources as I did many other
      documents during this process. I brought canonical charges against
      Archbishop Job and it was Archbishop Nathaniel at that same Holy Synod
      begging me not to pursue this as it would destroy the church so I
      withdrew the charges. This is one of the three for which I am sorry.
      Had I brought those charges he would have been convicted and deposed
      and could have had time to prepare for his death. Rather, he died an
      obscure death in a parking lot and under what circumstances still we
      don't know. All of us pray for time to prepare and not to have a
      sudden death. Remember the papers I mentioned `Conspiracy against
      Nikolai' that were sent me? All at the leadership of Metropolitan
      Herman who today has been forced out and still no reconciliation.

      Bishop Benjamin was another who was so filled with himself to destroy
      me personally. I knew him since I came into the OCA, spent many
      wonderful hours in his presence but there were also difficult times for
      which I had to confront him. He became too filled with envy and desire
      to rid the church of me and Metropolitan Herman that he was willing to
      implore any means to destroy and that is not an attractive
      characteristic for a hierarch. I pulled strings to pull him out of that
      unfortunate incident when he was arrested and that too is something for
      which I am sorry, sorry that a man whom I thought could humble himself
      was willing rather to impugn my character for his own self
      aggrandizement. Look at SIC even to this day they have proven nothing
      against Protopresbyter Rodion Kondratick whose deposition I vehemently
      opposed. His worst crime is being loyal to his church and her first
      hierarch. Attacks against my character was the easiest way to destroy
      me. My Father told me when I still a teenager that when your character
      is destroyed nothing is left, to always be honorable. I have always been
      honorable to my oath and have always followed the canonical norm in the
      church. Had I not done that don't you think these men so intent to
      destroy would have brought charges against me?

      My dear ones, I apologize for this but want to say some other things
      before I can move on. Some of you over the last period have asked me to
      defend myself on the net openly. I left quietly for Australia thinking
      to live my days out in a monastery there working as I have all my life
      for the church. I served the Orthodox Church in America for twenty
      years and then without notice, illegally and uncanonically was retired.
      This retirement was without any means of support, no pension and no
      place to lay my head. Thank God that the OCA summoned me to Syosset for
      a Holy Synod Meeting on April 1, 2009, which is the Feast of St. Mary
      Magdalene but I am afraid was more like the secular holiday we better
      know. I went but never met with them as I refused to sign their papers
      and have not and will not ever. Shortly thereafter I was diagnosed with
      stage IV cancer and told that I had no more than two months to live.
      That was a wakeup call and yet there were no calls from any member of
      that Holy Synod. It is still astounding that after the death of
      Archbishop Job there wasn't any sense of reconciliation. And now we
      are in the midst of the Archbishop Seraphim debacle. BTW he wrote me
      some horrendous letters accusing me of dastardly deeds and now the
      church administration is running to hide and washing their hands like
      Pilate. I am not defending him and I am not condemning him as that is
      yet to be proven. Reading some of the nonsense written by clergy about
      a defense fund and the OCA running scared again of a lawsuit? Rest easy
      knowing that lawyers go for the big picture and writing such nonsense
      will not deter them from holding the church accountable. The Holy Synod
      was given information and did nothing, rather said it was written by
      someone who was angry. Well, angry after the fact for sure that nothing
      was done to prevent yet another scandal in the church and her
      hierarchy.

      Those sites run by Mark Stokoe and the Pokrov girls have done more
      damage than they have ever done well for the church. I was told that
      Stokoe was fired twice for his antics once in the West and the second
      time in New York and now sits on the Metropolitan Council?"

      (Editor's note: The Bishop was told an untruth. I have never been
      fired from any position. I resigned my position in the Diocese of the
      West, to become the Assistant General Secretary of SYNDESMOS in 1981.
      The first time I resigned the Bishop would not accept it. Six months
      later he did so relunctantly after I was offered the position yet
      again. As Bishop Rodzianko is now deceased, there are multiple persons
      who were present at that time who can vouch for the truth of that
      statement. Almost 10 years later I resigned from my position in Syosset
      because I would not countenance donations given specifically to the
      Youth Department being used by Robert Kondratick, then Chancellor, for
      other departments and as I later found out, God-knows-what. There are
      also witnesses that can verify this was the case. I have actually been
      on the Metropolitan Council twice - briefly in 1998-1999, when I was
      removed, along with Chief Auditor John Kozey and Treasurer Dn. Eric
      Wheeler, in the aftermath of ADM scandal ; and again from 2009 - to the
      present, having been elected again by the Diocese of the Midwest. )

      "The Pokrov girls have tried to make themselves look like this torch of
      right waving all over Orthodoxy. I am sorry for them and sorry that
      they too, didn't heed the warning when their co-founder Laura died
      at such an early age. Nothing happened in San Francisco with their
      children and Sam Allen. He was a three time loser and when interviewed
      in prison from where he'd never leave at the time, admitted that he
      was preparing for the right time but was arrested on another charge
      before it occurred. Yes, the rector at that time was responsible for
      not watching him and the families, in my opinion, were not supported
      and thus we have Pokrov. Would the Mother of God really approve of
      this? Would she want this to really be under her protection I doubt it.
      Who brokered the pay-off? None other than the diocesan administrative
      assistant Vincent Petersen! Don't you think they are beholding to
      him?"

      (Editor's note: Vincent Peterson was Bishop Benjamin's secular
      name. As for his claims that "nothing happened" in San Francisco, the
      SF Weekly in 2002 described the story in the following terms: "In
      1999, Larson, her daughter Greta, and family friend Melanie Sakoda
      founded the Protection of the Theotokos ("Mother of God"), an
      organization devoted to exposing sexual abuse in the Orthodox Church.
      It is a personal matter for them: In 1991, two of Sakoda's children
      and one of Cappy Larson's were allegedly molested by a monk at the
      Holy Trinity Cathedral. Both Sakoda and the Larsons sued Holy
      Trinity's administrative body, the Orthodox Church in America;
      though the OCA denied any wrongdoing, it paid over $200,000 to settle
      the case with both families.")

      Nikolai continues:

      "I could spend all my days defending myself on the internet but so far
      have chosen not to. During all this time I have kept myself out of the
      mud because you only get dirty if you play in it. I have been blessed
      with eighteen months to prepare myself for the next life. During this
      time I have and continue with some very aggressive therapy but can
      report that I am feeling almost 100% and am ready for whatever is
      coming next. During those days of assault and abandonment I was given
      the Akathist to St. Nektarios which I read even that morning before
      that Synod meeting April 1st. Did I ever think that I would lose my
      diocese and my dignity, no not at all, I believed in the canonical
      church. And thank God that the Church is made up of wonderful people,
      parishes and priests but honestly the administration is lacking in
      general Christian action. This diagnosis brought me closer to St.
      Nektarios and others but I want to mention him right now. He was schemed
      against by his brother hierarchs out of envy and was eventually sent
      from his residence with a leave in hand with no means of support but he
      is a great saint and an inspiration as difficult as this journey might
      be. He spent the next thirty years growing in the faith and finally
      reposing to prostate cancer. Repentance and reconciliation are necessary
      otherwise we won't have an end to this earthly destruction as we see
      hierarch after hierarch fall in shame. Little did I realize it would be
      the intercessions of St. Nektarios that gave me these extra days and not
      preserving my diocese and my dignity...."

      By now you have been bored to death and count two things for which I am
      feeling badly and I said three. The third is the most difficult and for
      which I still am sorrowful. I can't change any of them, maybe the
      relationship with Bishop Benjamin but the other two are gone. There was
      a child of God, Natalia, born with multiple disorders and placed in
      hospice shortly after birth where she would eventually die. Her Mother
      in particular was guilty of her previous lifestyle and was sure that
      this was God's curse so she didn't even hold the child and
      didn't visit until after the child died with the Father. I was
      called to the hospital right after the birth where I baptized this
      child and followed her to the hospice. Right now I can't tell you
      how long she lived but I held her in my arms at least daily and usually
      at the end of my day until I couldn't stay awake any longer,
      someone had to hold her. That last night she looked straight into my
      eyes, something she wasn't able to do. It was wonderful seeing what
      appeared to be a normal newborn looking at you. After she fell asleep I
      put her back in the crib as I had done many other nights and went home
      to sleep. She died that night and for this I suffer for having
      abandoned her. A child of God forgotten and passed off to die alone
      with no one. I am sure that she is under the Protection of the Mother
      of God as I pray I am and as I offer my unworthy prayers for all of you
      who have suffered with me in this journey .

      With love and blessings,

      +Bishop NIKOLAI"

      Bishop +Nikolai may identify with +Nektarios, but unlike the Saint, his
      holidays seems dominated by unfulfilled resentments and the desire for
      revenge. For Fester, Bishop Benjamin is a roadblock for "Team
      Jonah". For +Nikolai it appears to be far more personal.

      Fester and Kondratick

      Fester has often and publicly stated he resents the Special
      Investigative Committee's appellation that he was a member of
      Kondratick's "Inner Circle", claiming that he personally
      never knew anything Kondratick was doing - not that he ever admited
      that Kondratick did anything wrong. But once again, one has to ask what
      the Dean of the Metropolitan's Cathedral and then Chancellor of
      the South was doing in almost daily phone contact (according to
      witnesses in Dallas), and in constant email contact, according to these
      emails, with a disgraced, defrocked former Chancellor who until
      recently was suing the OCA for $26 million dollars? Of course,
      Kondratick himself was serving then, as he still is, as the
      "administrator" of the DOS parish in Venice, Florida.

      But the ties between Fr. Fester, Kondratick, +Nikolai go much further
      than just personal friendships, a common dislike of +Benjamin, a
      desire to influence and then use +Jonah for preservation and/or
      restoration of figures of the ancien regime. It extends to actively
      helping the disinformation campaign against "those who brought you
      down." Among the chief targets of Fr. Fester and Kondratick is OCANews
      and its editor, Mark Stokoe. As the emails show, it was Kondratick who
      furnished Fr. Fester Stokoe's reports and musings to fellow MC
      members in the wake of Garklav's firing over the SMPAC Report in
      early February. The emails, ( entitled " Many Rats in the Nest"
      ) were not stolen - they were simply passed on unwisely by a recipient
      to member of Kondratick's former team in Syosset, by which they
      ended up in Venice, Dallas, and Los Angeles with +Bishop Tikhon. There
      are indeed many, and surprising ways emails can end up places - and
      none involve hacking, theft or criminality.

      Best Laid Plans

      But Jonah, Fester, +Nikolai and Kondratick's plans to re-shape
      the OCA, literally, in the sense of restoring it to the status quo
      ante-scandal, went awry, as it was the Synod who requested +Jonah
      undergo a medical/pyschological evalution, not Bishop Benjamin in Santa
      Fe. So on the evening of Friday, February 25, 2011, just a day after
      Santa Fe, in an effort to undo Jonah's agreement to the take a
      Leave of Absence, portions of the MC emails began appearing on the
      Indiana list posted by retired Bishop Tikhon of Los Angeles claiming it
      was all "a conspiracy"; and on the following day +Jonah appeared
      before the cameras in DC claiming it was not a "leave" but only
      a "rest". A week later OCATruth.org appears and the campaign
      for "Team Jonah" went viral.

      That this was indeed a campaign, and that it was duplicitous on the
      part of +Jonah and Fester, is evidenced by the fact that one of the
      most oft-cited "conspiracy" emails from Dr. Faith Skordinski
      addressed to "Alex" was purported to be from Skordinski to Fr.
      Alex(ander) Garklavs. It was, as Kondratick and Fester well knew from
      previous emails, actually addressed to Ms. Alex(andra) Makosky, the
      former lawyer for the first SIC Committee and Dr. Skordinski's friend.
      And while the public at large - not to mention Dreher - wondered why
      Stokoe remained so silent as these emails were published, and both he
      and his parish priest's reputations were trashed, the answer was rather
      simple: Fr. Bobosh turns the other cheek. Stokoe, less a Christian, was
      at this pivotal moment, out of the country, with no internet connection.
      (Quite the conspirator, to leave at the crucial moment, when his plan
      was to hatch, right?)

      But the truth was is hard to keep down.

      Consider the following exchange late on on February 28th, between
      Fester and Metropolitan +Jonah, detailing Fester's "chat"
      that evening with Bishop Mark of Baltimore, the new administrator of
      the Diocese of the South, in the immediate wake of Santa Fe. After a
      few lines of greetings Fester gets right to business:

      "me: I was told that your announced in NC ( North Carolina) that
      Jonah was on a Leave of Absence.

      Bishop: Are you the grand inquisitor? People asked specific question to
      which I did not lie, nr speak outside of class.

      me: But Vladyka, His Beatitude is not on a LOA (Leave of Absence) Its
      just confusing when they hear one thing and they (sic) His Beatitude
      makes it clear that he is not on a leave.

      Bishop: That was the specific terminology used at the synod meeting.
      They categorically rejected the word retreat. My meeting was on
      Saturday, His Beatitutde's statements were on Sunday.

      me: well, as you know, the press release on oca does not state he is on
      leave. What Saturday meeting? the one in which his Beatitude was not
      included?

      Bishop: the one with the pc (parish council) in NC.

      me: ah, yes. well, you are right. Timing is everything, but I am sure
      that it will all be cleared up. It just important that folks in the ODS
      and the Cathedral know you support His Beatitude as we know, he is much
      loved. but that is a given, you know that, Thank God.

      me: WE all love him and want him to succeed.

      me: yes, You should know that the information that has been gathered
      from Fr. Alexander's email account, which is the property of the
      OCA, which was handed over when he resigned is painting a very
      different picture of Fr. Garklavs and some of the members of the MC and
      sadly some members of the MC. I am sharing this with you because I
      don't want you to be used or hurt. That is all I can say, but it
      will be made clear soon

      .
      Bishop: His Beatitude agreed to a LOA. I heard it with my own ears.

      me: Vladyka, please. nothing was signed. He is not on a leave. Don't
      get sucked into something by Benjamin and Melchesedek.(sic) It was all
      set up ahead of time. It was a trap. The information is there."

      The Bishop does not reply.

      Father Fester continues to argue that "... HB never signed
      anything."

      Finally, Mark replies:

      " Bishop: I am too new to all this and it is best for me to stay out
      of it. I do not even have a vote.

      Fr. Fester continues , rambling " I don't want you to get hurt.
      Please believe me" and "I want you to succeed". Fr. Fester
      concludes by saying: " I think you are right. stay out of line of
      fire. Not having a vote now is a blessing..."

      Staying out of the line is not so easy these days if one is not
      appropriately supportive of "Team Jonah". Today, Bishop Mark, who is in
      Chicago for the consecration of Bishop Matthias, received a letter from
      the Dallas Cathedral's parish council asking +Mark "to clarify
      his position and his understanding of his position" in the Diocese
      of the South. A second letter to Metropolitan Jonah, also orchestrated
      by Fr. Fester, asks for an `"Intervention" and documenting
      complaints about + Mark was sent today as well. This is all part of
      the plan to remove +Mark. With Jonah, Fester, +Nikolai & Kondratick, if
      you know the truth, even "keeping your head down" will not save
      you.

      The tipping point is indeed here, as the Synod meets tomorrow to begin
      two days of discussion as to what to do in the face of "Team Jonah". Do
      we return to the culture of the "old" OCA, with even a restoration of
      the "old" faces secretly advocated, figures and a culture we labored
      so long, so hard and at so great a cost to free ourselves from? Or,
      recognizing the same old, masquerading as the "new", do we reject them,
      and all their divisive works, and all their duplicitious ways, once
      more?

      - Mark Stokoe