+Anthony Bloom's *very brief* Easter sermon

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2011
      Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh
      Easter sermon, April the 11, 1999
      after reading St. John Chrysostom's Easter message
      If I may I wish to add just a few words of my own. Christ is life
      and the victory of life. In the world in which He came, death was prevalent and
      seemed to be all-powerful over men; when He came, He defeated death by His
      resurrection. And nowadays we live in a world which is full of torment, of pain,
      of fear, of murder, of death, and we may say, “But where is the victory?”.. The
      victory is in each of us, the victory is in all those of us who believe that
      death cannot separate us from God, that death is no longer a victory of evil
      over us, but a triumph of us through our faith, because death is no longer
      separation. Saint Paul says that for him death is a meeting with Christ; as long
      as he lives in the flesh he is separated, partly, from God. But with his death
      he enters in full unity and communion with Him. This is our faith, but there is
      more to it in a sense, because life is triumphant in our midst. However
      frightening and dark the world is nowadays, we know that victory has
      already been won, that God has won and that we who believe in Him partake
      together with Him in His victory. And therefore, let us bring, to all around us,
      this message of life and glory!
      Christ is risen!