Russian Church urges to give up anonymity in Internet

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011

      05 April 2011, 15:51
      Russian Church urges to give up anonymity in Internet

      Moscow, April 5, Interfax - Visitors of Internet forums should stop
      being anonymous, head of the Synodal Department for Church and
      Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes.

      "Isn't it time to give up anonymity in Internet? People usually don't
      accept anonymity in "reality". If during our talk I suddenly put on a
      mask, start using a nickname and conceal my real name, you'll have
      all the grounds not to trust me," the priest said at his meeting with
      representatives of American-Israeli Public Relations Committee on Tuesday.

      According to him, society came to establish these rules "through
      trials and errors and formed a certain structure, certain norms of behavior."

      "Shouldn't we set up the same rules of behavior in "virtual space",
      at least, when we consider who is a worthy person and who is not? I
      don't have ready answers on the question, but it is rather a serious
      matter," Father Vsevolod stressed.