June 17-19, 2011 Women's Conference at St. Vladimir's Seminary

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      Dear Friends of St. Vladimir’s Seminary,

      Please join us June 17­19, 2011 for our summer
      conference: Women Disciples of the Lord. Through
      talks, panels, and a wide array of workshops,
      participants will explore and articulate the
      Christ-centered context out of which lay, and
      especially women’s, ministries are to be
      expressed. Come and listen to women pursuing
      Gospel-bearing vocations in the Church and
      parish, home, and society; and take advantage of
      this opportunity to help our parishes and
      Churches foster women’s and lay vocations.

      The conference will also listen to the particular
      experiences of alumnae of Orthodox theological schools.

      On Friday, June 17, 7:30 p.m., Archpriest John
      Behr, dean of St. Vladimir's Seminary, will
      present a free and public lecture, Male and
      Female Created He Them, in the Metropolitan
      Philip Auditorium of the John G. Rangos Family
      Foundation Building, with reception to follow.

      Our featured speakers are:
      * Opening Address: The Joy to Serve -
      Matushka Juliana Schmemann (via video)
      * Eve, Mary, and Us - Presvytera Dr. Kyriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald
      * Light from the Past on Vocations Today - Dr. Mary Ford
      * Confessions of a Free-lance Writer:
      Discerning God's Will in an Unpredictable
      Vocation - Khouria Frederica Mathewes-Green
      * Orthodox Women in America: A Recent History - Ms. Eleana Silk

      For further information and to download a flyer
      about the conference, visit our Website
      www.svots.edu, e-mail events@..., or call 914-961-8313 X351.