Patriarch Cyril met with Polish Ambassador in Russia

  • Michał
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      On March 30, Patriarch Cyril met with the Polish ambassador in Moscow, Wojciech Zaj±czkowski.

      The Ambassador thanked the Patriarch for the invitation and talked about the activities of the Orthodox Autocephalous Church in Poland.

      I personally like the authorities of my country are confident that the Orthodox Church has enormous authority in the world today, and I hope that this will positively affect the establishment of better relations between our countries - said Zaj±czkowski.

      Polish representative in Moscow shared his impressions with the Patriarch of the participation in Orthodox religious services during the first Sunday of Lent related to the triumph of Orthodoxy.

      During the interview the Patriarch stressed that Poland and Russia share a strong Christian tradition. We have a lot in common and we should utilize the existing potential for the reconciliation of our nations - stressed the head of the Russian Orthodox Church.

      Also the issue of ceremonies at Katyn and participation therein of the Russian Orthodox Church were discussed in the meeting.

      source: http://www.cerkiew.pl/index.php?id=470&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=14819&tx_ttnews[backPid]=419&cHash=84a8e9dcc3