Preliminary Report from Eritrean Orthodox Church Conference in Atlanta

  • Fr. John-Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Tedros Tesfay reports on http://www.tewahdo.com/

      Diocese of the Eritrean Orthodox Church in North America has completed its
      Sixth Annual Conference (July 29-August 1, 2004, in Atlanta , Georgia)
      under the theme: "Taste and see that the Lord is good" Psalms 34:8. His
      Grace Bishop Kerlos, Bishop of Southern Eritea, and His Grace Bishop
      Serapion, Bishop of the Diocese of Los Angeles and Southern California for
      the Egyptian Church, were guests of honor.

      As usual people came from all over USA, Canada, Europe, and Eritrea.

      Eight youth members were ordained deacons for the first time. Names and
      photos will be posted soon!

      Appreciation goes to the Atlanta Mehanie-Alem Church congregation. They have
      tirelessly hosted this conference for the last five years. May the
      never-ending grace of God be with them.

      Several other people must also be thanked for the labor of love they devoted
      to their specific tasks. The Conference was a complete success because of
      their selfless devotion. We want to thank you, the delegates, for allowing
      the Lord to use you to his glory. We thank God for each and every one of
      you.

      May glory be to our God who blessed us in such a successful Conference.