Russian Orthodox Church completes its plenary session in Moscow

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2011
      http://www.mospat.ru/en/2011/01/29/news35248/

      Inter-Council Presence of the Russian Orthodox Church completes its
      plenary session in Moscow

      29.01.2011

      The Inter-Council Presence completed its work in plenary session on
      January 29, 2011. On their second day, the Presence members
      considered the following draft documents:

      'On measures to preserve the memory of new martyrs, confessors and
      all those who suffered at the hands of theomachists during the years
      of persecution';

      'A temporary provision for the social and material support of clergy
      and church institutions staff and their families';

      'On the ordination of celibates who are not monks';

      'On the admission of those who return to the Church from schisms';

      Summing up the two-day meeting which gathered together archpastors,
      pastors, monastics and lay people for a plenary session for the first
      time, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia
      expressed satisfaction with the discussions.

      'It is the best we can do in helping our Church to cope with numerous
      problems facing her today', he said.

      'I very much hope that this good experience of the conciliar thought
      will help us in the future to pose and tackle problems of church
      life', the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church said in conclusion
      and thanked the members of the Presence for their fruitful work and
      diocesan hierarchs and individuals who had prepared responses to the
      Presence's draft documents for their great contribution for the
      elaboration of conciliar decisions.

      In conclusion of the discussions, the Inter-Council Presence adopted
      a decision on the documents considered, the Patriarchal Press Service
      has reported.

      DECR Communication Service