Letter to Clergy and Faithful regards to Archbishop Seraphim being suspended

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      To the Reverend Clergy and Faithful of our Archdiocese of Canada,
      Orthodox Church in America:

      On November 30, 2010, during a special meeting called by His
      Beatitude, Metropolitan Jonah, the Holy Synod of Bishops of the
      Orthodox Church in America decided to suspend Archbishop
      Seraphim. This decision was reached after careful deliberations and
      in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Orthodox Church
      in America which are mandated in cases of allegations of sexual misconduct.

      At the same time, the Holy Synod has designated His Grace Bishop
      Irenee of Quebec City to be the Administrator of the Archdiocese of
      Canada, responsible for all aspects of the hierarchical supervision
      of the Archdiocese.

      Commemorations during the liturgical services should be for His
      Beatitude Metropolitan Jonah and Bishop Irenee of Quebec City,
      Administrator of the Archdiocese of Canada.

      All matters requiring the attention of the Bishop should be forwarded
      to the Chancery Office in Ottawa:

      15 LeBreton Street North
      OTTAWA, ON K1R 7H1
      Office Number: 613-233-7780