Saint Philothea Project 2011

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      Dear Friends of the Poor and the Saint Philothea Project:

      Greetings in the Name of the Father and Son and Holy Spirit!

      April 25, 2011, 500 children, Orthodox Christians in America,

      What is the connection?

      The Tenth visit of the Saint Philothea Project to the Monasteries, Orphanages and Poor Houses.
      From the Day Metropolitan Iakovos of Chicago gave His Episcopal blessing to the labor we committed to making regular, helpful visits to Orphanages and other location were the Orthodox church in Romania dedicated itself to helping the poor.
      Valea Plopului and Pro-Vita with 220 orphans across the Metropolitan diocese. The Metropolitan Diocese of Alba Iulia with several orphanages, after school programs and elderly food programs. Serving several hundred children and numerous poor and elderly.
      These have become our primary focuses.

      How do we achieve this undertaking?
      First, with the assistance of God and His providence we have found money for tickets and car rental each year.
      Second, People and Parishes of the Orthodox Church in America have availed themselves of the opportunity be co-laborers with the care-givers in Romania and God cares for the poor.

      Each visit we make to orphanages end with question about the needs and how we can bring the things that are critical needs.

      Many of the orphans are reaching the teenage years over the ten years we have been visiting them. Last year work harder at determining the needs best met by the Saint Philothea Project.

      Again we are looking for 500 gift packages for children. I am expecting one parish to do it best at the 80 that are needed by one monastery/parish/orphanage.

      Each package needs underwear(3pair) socks(3 pair) toothbrush, toothpaste (small), comb or brush. For teenagers shampoo, deodorant, knee high stockings and feminine product for girls.

      Also we are looking for Orthodox Doctors that are willing to help us put together basic infirmary supply kits for the orphanages that range from 6 children to over 100 children. We have a wish list from several house and most pharmaceutical companies are will to donate supply if ask by a medical authority.

      All of this need to be ready us to ship before Theophany.

      God be with you and Peace All Ways
      Pilgrim Tim
      An Unprofitable Servant
      Saint Philothea Project