"The Office of Bishop in the Patriarchate of Antioch during the Modern Era"

  • emrys@globe.net.nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2010
      Wednesday, September 1, 2010

      Met. Basil's Presentation on the Episcopate

      Here is Met. Basil of Akkar's presentation to the Holy Synod of Antioch about the role of the bishop (meaning primarily bishops who are not metropolitans) in the Patriarchate of Antioch. Below is my translation, graciously edited and revised by someone more competent ecclesial Arabic than I am. This document is very important, because it provides the basis for the reasoning behind the Patriarchate's recent decisions about the status of the North American bishops.

      "The Office of Bishop in the Patriarchate of Antioch during the Modern Era"
      http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2010/09/met-basils-presentation-on-episcopate.html

      -
      -
      -