Orthodox Church's Fund in Thailand assist Russian fire victims

  • Nelson Mitrophan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2010
      http://orthodox.cn/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1779

      English Translation by Nina Tkachuk Dimas

      The Committee of the Orthodox Church's Fund in Thailand to assist Russian fire victims
      8/4/2010

      On August 3, 2010 there was a special meeting of the Committee of the Orthodox Church Foundation in Thailand (Moscow Patriarchate). On the agenda: to discuss the appeal of the Kirill, the Most Hol Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, on assisting the Russia's victims of abnormal drought and fires.

      The Patriarch's message was read by Archimandrite Oleg (Cherepanin), representative of the Russian Orthodox Church in Thailand. "The calamity which occurred in Russia - this is also our problem, and we can not rest until the situation returns to normal. The construction of temples, as important as it is, cannot take precedence over the needs of the people ", said Father Oleg.

      The members of the Orthodox Church's Fund in Thailand were not indifferent to the situation in Russia. In addition to unanimously deciding to support His Holiness Patriarch Kirill's appeal by holding special collections during the next three Sunday services, the Committe of the Orthodox Church's Fund in Thailand decided decided to immediately allocate 50,000 Thai baht from the Fund.