Patriarch Kirill urges prayers for rain amid Russian heat wave

  • frjohnbrian@priest.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 10:41 AM
      Ecumenical News International News Highlights

      Patriarch Kirill urges prayers for rain amid Russian heat wave

      Moscow (ENI). Patriarch Kirill I of the Russian Orthodox Church has offered
      prayers for rain to relieve a drought that has destroyed crops and led to
      thousands of forest and peat bog fires. "I am urging all the faithful sons
      and daughters of the Russian Orthodox Church to unite in one prayer to God
      that he send rains to our scorched soil," the Interfax news agency quoted
      the Patriarch as saying while visiting the Nizhny Novgorod region, one of
      the badly hit areas. [437 words, ENI-10-0541]

      ENI Online - www.eni.ch