A Lament from the Mother Church

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2010

      [ND:  When I asked this Native elder if I could post this with a wide
      audience, the answer came immediately:]

      "Be my guest Nina....I would not say it if it weren't the truth...wish my
      grandma were here.....she'd blister their ears....she was a strong one...wish I
      had just a modicum of her strength..."

      [ND replied to original message re: Kuskokwim conference:]
      Nick: The Kuskokwim Conference is going on right now in Kasigluk, AK.

      Fr. Michael Oleksa is there and staying with him is Fr. Gerasim (Gordon Eliel),
      a man the bishops "can work with". And one wonders if he's someone the people
      of Alaska can work with.

      Keep in mind that the last two bishops foisted on AK came to a bad end. It's
      time for the Church in Alaska to stand to stand up straight. The Chinese say
      that "when the wind blows, the tree bends". But the wind isn't blowing and the
      Church in Alaska should face up to her responsibilities to herself (motivated by
      the last two disasters to sit on the see of Sitka).

      Fr. Oleksa is just one man and one voice.

      --- In Orthodox-Forum@yahoogroups.com, "nwoloszansky" <nwoloszansky@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know when and where (village) the Kuskokwim Conference will be
      held? Also, will there be any special guests attending?

      > Nick Woloszansky

      Well Nina, you know what's going to happen....he's going to be foisted on the
      Alaskans, and regardless of whether of not he's a good man, he will be resented
      because of past happenings.  The Alaskan people are very intelligent and
      discerning, and I think they should be allowed to chose their own
      Bishop...certainly can't do any worse than the 'powers that be' who chose the
      last two times..
      As the purported 'Mother Church of Orthodoxy in America', why are we so
      shackled?  We of the Kodiak parish cannot even speak at parish meetings.  We are
      not even allowed to open the door to the church ourselves....there is a
      'immigration officer' at the front door, and I'll wager if St. Mary of Egypt
      came up, he would not let her in because she did not have the proper 'garments'
      on....and if this keeps up, there will be no 'Mother Church'....as you can
      betcha these newcomers to Orthodoxy don't have the wherewithall to endure to
      rigors of maintaining the True Church....they can't even clean Holy Resurrection
      Church...

      Sorry to vent on you Nina....it's upsetting to us all and some of us elders
      wonder if we'll see the light of day to worship freely anymore.  To do so,
      brings insults from the priest...openly.  He has no qualms about it all.

      We have a saying here 'that we were here before they came, and we'll be here
      after they go'...and that's what sustains us....those of us who remain will
      continue the church...God Grant us strength....

      Nina DimasNick: The Kuskokwim Conference is going on right now in Kasigluk, AK.