Abp. Lazar (Puhalo) Keynote Speaker, 2010 OCAMPR Annual Conference

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2010
      Announcing the 2010 OCAMPR Annual Conference at
      Orthodox Praxis & Clinical Practice:
      How Our Faith Informs Our Work
      Friday & Saturday, November 5 & 6, 2010
      Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, New York, NY!

      Archbishop Lazar Puhalo

      We are honored to welcome Vladyka Lazar as 2010’s keynote
      speaker. Always forthright and insightful, the retired Archbishop
      of Canada and Abbot of the Monastery of All Saints of North
      America (OCA) in Ottawa, and widely published author of
      books including e Evidence of ings Not Seen: Orthodoxy &
      Physics, will share his perspective as theologian and pastor on
      how to better integrate our Orthodox faith into our daily work.

      Other speakers are:

      Archimandrite Meletios Webber

      The Abbot of the Monastery of St. John of San-Francisco in
      Manton, CA, Orthodox priest of more than 30 years, a licensed
      counselor specializing in spirituality and addiction, a regular
      contributor on Ancient Faith Radio and the author of several
      books including Steps of Transformation: An Orthodox Priest
      Explores the 12 Steps, Archimandrite Webber will address the
      challenge of addictions in the parish.

      Dr. Herman Tristram Engelhardt

      A leading authority in the arena of medical ethics, professor
      at Rice University, board member of several medical journals,
      and sought after lecturer world wide, author of many articles
      and books including e Foundations of Christian Bioethics,
      Dr. Engelhardt will guide us through an Orthodox approach
      to stem cell research.

      Dr. Stephen Muse

      A licensed marriage and family therapist, pastoral counselor,
      director of training at the Pastoral Institute, member of the
      International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, a diplomate in
      the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, and past
      president of OCAMPR will help us negotiate the dangers of
      “caregiver burnout.”

      See http://www.ocampr.org/docs/OCAMPR2010_Flyer.pdf for more details.

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |