Christ is the most memorable figure in human history

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010

      02 April 2010, 16:48
      Christ is the most memorable figure in human history, renowned Moscow
      priest believes

      Moscow, April 2, Interfax - Head of the Synodal Department for Church
      and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin is convinced that
      humanity will remember Christ much longer than any of historic figures.

      "Resurrection of Christ is the main event in human history. Neither
      Moses, nor Caesar, nor Sakharov, nor Solzhenitsyn could have redeemed
      man. Only God, only Christ is able to do it," Fr. Vsevolod told
      journalists on the Easter eve in Moscow.

      "Humanity will remember Stalin, Roosevelt, Churchill even Hitler with
      his outrageous crimes, for 150 - maximum 200 years. All these people
      will only remain in history as its part," the priest said.

      According to Fr. Vsevolod, "even John Lennon who claimed that Beatles
      were more popular than Christ is forgotten by mass audience, only
      elite listens to him today."

      Humanity will always remember Christ as "Christ is the reason why we
      don't die, the reason of our bodily resurrection," the priest said.