New OCA blog for young adults, college students launched

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      http://www.oca.org/news/2093

      New OCA blog for young adults, college students launched

      Posted 02/26

      SYOSSET, NY [OCA] -- response to a growing need for content and
      materials geared towards young adult and college ministry, the
      Orthodox Church in America's Department of Youth, Young Adult and
      Campus Ministries has launched a new blog, "Wonder."

      The blog, accessible at www.ocawonder.com, is also of value to those
      who minister to this age group.

      "It is our hope that this project will give our youth a 'good
      defense' for the tough questions and harsh realities that this world
      offers," said Protodeacon Joseph Matusiak, department chair. "We hope
      these articles will spur discussion and provide material for those
      engaged in campus and young adult ministry."

      Every month, "Wonder" will feature four articles on a specific theme,
      blending theological and academic articles with practical ideas for ministry.

      "Suggestions and submissions from readers are always welcome," said
      Mr. Andrew Boyd, a department member who co-moderates the blog.
      "We're hoping that the blog will generate dialogue and two-way communications.

      For additional information, contact Protodeacon Joseph at jmatusiak@....