Christmas Massacre in Qena

  • frjohnbrian@priest.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      From: Coptic Assembly of America [mailto:info@...]

      Dear Friend,

      First, we would like to wish all our readers who celebrate Christmas today
      on the 7th a very merry Christmas. As we celebrate Christmas, it is
      especially important that we keep in mind what happened yesterday in Egypt.

      It is with great sadness that we report 6 Copts and 1 Muslim security guard
      were murdered as they left Christmas Eve mass at the Virgin Mary church in
      Naga Hammady, Qena, in southern Egypt. At the subsequent funeral procession
      today, thousands of Copts came together and protested this massacre, and the
      police have fired tear gas upon the mourners.

      Due to the seriousness of this situation, the international media has taken
      a great interest, and articles have been published in The New York Times, Al
      Jazeera, LA Times, BBC, and by the AP, AFP, and Reuters.

      For more information, please visit our website, www.copticassembly.org.

      Sincerely,
      Coptic Assembly of America